2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Great fun for $20,000
By youngsrt4 on 01/23/06 23:17 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is way too much fun. Get on the pedal and this baby will fly. I love that they added a limited slip ATB differential as it gives this powerhouse hardly any noticeable torque steer. Just point and hold on. I am also very pleased with the fuel economy for a car with this much performance. I have averaged about 26 mpg with it (getting 29 at least 4 times) even with the winter weather. This car also has far more performance that anything even close to its price range. Even my friend who is a foreign car lover (he drives nothing but Toyotas) loves it. He told me it's like riding in a car from the Fast and the Furious. If I can get someone like that to love it, anyone can.

SRT-4 performance
By ListerofSmeg on 01/13/06 02:36 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car delivers power in all gears. I drove it to southern California and back to Seattle, Washington and averaged almost 31 MPG! I would never have believed a car with this much power could get that kind of mileage. All my friends are blown away by how amazingly tight this car corners. (some of them own WRX's)

The baby Viper
By baby viper on 01/04/06 22:38 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My SRT-4 is the most fun car I've ever driven. Two thumbs up to Chrysler on this one. It scares me every time I crank it over. It's extremely fast for a $20,000 passenger car.

Excellent vehicle to run around in
By sxt sedan on 12/24/05 08:39 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned 4 Neons, 3 at present. Excellent 36+ mpg all highway. A little stiff on storage but otherwise fun to drive. AC is comfortable and heat is comfortfortable. Easy to maintain and wash. No problems with running. Virtually maintenance free with exception to regular oil changes and the like. Great in parking lots and tight spots. Fun to park. Maneuverability is excellent, ride is good on good roads but a little bumpy on rough roads. Fairly quiet ride with factory tires, better with newer better quality tires. Use cruise control all the time and like tilt wheel for better position on long drives. Power windows and mirrors are great and just love the sound from radio or CD player can play

Badest little machine ever
By neonsrt4 on 12/23/05 11:33 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. I installed the Mopar Blow off, and it's extremely fast. The interior is awesome and it will stop on a dime. Expect to go through a lot of tires. It's hard to restrain yourself when with that much on tap. It handles pretty good but needs a little negative camber up front to handle better. Trunk is huge and useful and the back seat lays down easily. For the first 10,000 miles I got 17 MPG. after the engine got broke in it pulled to near 27 on the highway. Dodge asks that Mobil 1 full synthetic oil be ran in it. Other than that I've had no qualms with maintainence. If you're buying one, get maintainence records. On a turbo car ensure that the oil changes were done

I love this car!
By Artist in the Ambula on 10/12/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car for a year now and it has been great. Dodge's build quality while not exceptional has been better than my "German" Jetta of just a year younger. The power of this car is amazing. However, that does come at a price, especially with FWD, but torque steer is minimal. Gas mileage though is much worse than advertised. I stay out of boost throughout most of my driving and I average around 17mpg in the city. Highway is much better though, about 26mpg which is good for the car. The car turns heads but mostly from the wrong crowd that try to race unfortunately. Get car to take onto the track/drag. No matter all the negatives the car has, I love this car and will have it forever.

King of Bang for the Buck
By SRTified on 08/25/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a great little car! Stuff a 2.4L Turbo, heavy duty trans and limited slip diff underhood, then add a good suspension, different styling, and viola - the perfect FWD performance deal. I've been getting about 27 mpg after the engine break-in. No problems to date. Exhaust is a bit loud, but I kind of like it. It doesn't drone on the expressway. Handling is darn good for a FWD car, and brakes are terrific. It has the Kicker/Livin Loud stereo, and sounds very good! I would prefer to be able to turn the sub up a bit. Can't go wrong for the money!

Speed Demon
By Scott on 07/18/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall I would have to say I like this car. The acceleration is awesome, but the engine is too loud. Brakes are nice. Shifting is too stiff, and acceleration in first gear is difficult since its FWD. If you accelerate too fast, the front tires bounce so it slows you down a little. The car seems to make some funny noises in the motor which I'm praying are just noise and not an upcoming problem. I had a 2001 Neon SE, and they are very similar in driving (except for the turbo). It kind of scares me though, since after 70,000 miles the Neon SE began losing power and the brakes got worse.

Can't stop talking about my car
By Erica on 05/25/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned my car over a year now, and everyone around me is already sick of how much I talk and talk about it. I have had owners of much more expensive sporty sedans, coupes, and true two- seater sports cars try out my SRT-4 and to a person have all been amazed at it's power, acceleration and performance. Fun to drive is an over simplification. When I mention the price, it can't be believed. Reading professional reviews, most complaints are about the interior. Well, I say, I'd take a toned-down interior to be able to afford this kind of power and performance! In my opinion, I want all of the "bells and whistles" under the hood.

Not ever again
By Misery on 05/04/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon brand new with only 10 miles on it. I wanted a safe car for my family. I have a infant. The car rode great. All the ammenities were great. A little small when traveling, but overall it's good. Six months after owning my car I got into a little "finder bender" or at least I thought it was little. I hit a Camry from behind, scratched their bumper and totalled my car. YES TOTALLED!! These cars are not very safe. I wasn't even going over 20 mph. I am just lucky that my son nor I were hurt. I would never buy a Neon again.