i really do love my Durango. its survived a bad dealership trying to put it in the ground. its been rearended numerous times bulldozed a prius into oblivion and a few random deer into a sticky mess and the only damage its ever taken was a slight dent with a paint chip and a busted light. the engine is super tough pulled a fully loaded trailer across the country. as well as a regular pull of the horse trailer. only problem it ever had on its own was a bad water pump. main cooling fan went out and it never overheated, in phoenix in the middle of the summer. it could probably survive a nuclear bomb, my burnt skeletal corpse still holding the steering wheel and still be running
1. plenty of power
2. Body is built like a tank
3.engine wont stop turning for the end of the world
4. broad sided a prius that ran a yeild sign and didnt even seem to slow down (paint chip and busted light with a 3in dent)
5. has been rearended 3 times at stoplights (no damage at all)
6. hit by three deer. aside from being covered in nastiness and hair stuck in doorjambs...(no damage)
7. dealership constantly sabatoging it (still wouldnt die)
8. girlfriend accidently put diesel fuel in it (ran like crap but still runs)
fuel economy sucks, and should have came stock with a top mounted swivel turret.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.