2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!
By nwhite26 on 01/17/15 14:19 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I will save you a lot of time and money by simply saying do not buy this car! I'm serious. Days after driving it off the lot, it has stalled on me, died on me, service transmission light comes on constatly, check engine light comes on, and I've taken it back to the dealership continuous times for repair adn the issue keeps occuring. The dealership refuses to trade me into another car and now has said I have depreciated the value due to keeping it for too long. The two previous owners both had the same issues to, I checked the records. I was tricked into buying this car or else I wouldn't have! For a 2 yr old car this should not happen! Save yourselves, run!!!

Disaster with Chrysler
By rbirwin on 01/07/15 16:45 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 2013 Dodge Dart in Dec of 2012. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. Turbocharger was defective and replaced at 16K miles. Battery went dead at 26K and was replaced. Interior plastic began to break. At 34K miles engine blew and the real problems began. Chrysler Dodge would not honor the Warranty. We are still fighting with them. Unfortunately we now think the car could be unsafe to drive. Given Chryslers poor Warranty service I would never buy Chrysler/Dodge again.

to many times to shop for repairs
By dds_dodgedart on 12/30/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

purchased October 2013 sxt with auto thought how good it looked and electronics were top notch most advanced as advertising said not to be the case pairing of phones for texting is not possible yet for Samsung galaxy s5 even today in 2014s or 2013s many service events to replace minor parts .uconnect customer no service is one of the worst even dealership stated they were hard to work with on service end when car is running correctly and not in for service I really like it I bought extended warranty thank god but wish I bought ford fusion instead co worker bought same time I bought dart and not once in for repair and smartphone connection to handsfree has been flawless voice and text

Highway miles
By tedman2 on 11/15/14 09:48 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got 61,000 haven't had a single problem with it bought new February 2013 had 6 months off of work so I really piled on the miles work construction like have the seats fold down for the menards trip and to carry my tools awesome gas mileage comfortable to drive knock on wood I read a lot of bad reviews so I don't know If it is the people or the car I'll keep my fingers crossed for another 60,000

Do NOT Buy A Dart!!!
By bamatoya on 08/29/14 12:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Omg... This car turned out to be my worst nightmare. I purchased it on July 31, 2013, brand new, and it seems like as soon as I pulled off the lot, it went downhill from there. In April, I ended up having to get the alternator and a belt replaced. It locked up while I was driving, not to mention the fact that I was just about to get on the interstate for a trip. After that, I experience a burning smell for weeks. Ended up having to have the oil pan replaced. Now, here in August, my car won't crank. It keeps dying on me and one minute, it seems like the battery, the next someone is saying it's the alternator. I'm waiting for the verdict from the dealer now. In the meantime, don't buy Dodge!!

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer on 08/11/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

Stay Far Away
By garfish1 on 07/25/14 00:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded my Dart in so I figured I would write a review. I had a rally with the 2.0 automatic and only had 6,000 miles on it. I did purchase it new when they first came out. On a good note I will say the interior was very nice and held up well. The touch screen is huge and very good view for the backup camera. The exterior is another story and found it to be very cheap. The underbody plastic was starting to fall apart already on me and had to be removed. I also found that the paint seemed to be very poor quality, I wonder if it is a water base because it scratches and chips very easily.

2013 Dart Ralley 1.4 turbo 6 speed man
By maggiewalt on 07/15/14 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife to drive to work (40 miles one way) Love the looks. But the car has been in the shop to much for a car that is just over a year old and 23000 miles on it. Trunk liner clips broke, was told they had to order whole liner. took it home that day and took grocery' out of trunk. Whey we closed it, they broke again. Heard it hit the trunk floor. Had the clutch cyld replaced as it would stay on the floor "TSB for this one" Now 3 months later and it back in the shop for the same thing. (Parts on national back order) had to beg for a loaner even though its still under warranty and I purchased the life time warranty. Engine was skipping was told needed oil change.

Should have done more research before buying
By grandma51 on 07/08/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my car on June 7th, on June 30th with only 1400 miles driven the car began to misfire in the #2 cylinder and check engine light was on. Took car back to the dealer, it took a week for Chrysler to tell them to change a spark plug. Changed the spark plug and the car was still misfiring. Now they are waiting for a new fuel injector. They really have no idea what is wrong with the car. When the car works properly it does get good gas mileage. Love the collision avoidance system, the easy to read touch screen, and clear back-up camera. But I am afraid after reading all the problems other owners have had this car will only be a problem.

Lemon? I think not.
By vkmaxima on 06/29/14 21:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well, let me just start off that my friend has a 2013 Dart with the California package. I have driven this car a few times now, and I must say I am very impressed with Chrysler. This car rides and handles very well. The fuel economy is AMAZING! No matter what the mpgs stay above 30. It has decent power for it's size. If you want the extra power then go for the turbo. My friend has not experienced any problems as of yet, but let's be realistic. This car has JUST come out, a completely new vehicle, so it's bound to have a few issues. Overall I think it's a great car, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the styling. It's about time American automakers step up their game.