2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
2013 Dodge Dart Limited w/Turbo and 6Auto Stick
By lildbld on 09/13/14 05:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased July19th, 2014 (yes, was new and "lost" on the inventory at dealership). Had 100 miles on odometer, at 500 miles, transmission would not engage in turning lane, hobbled home, Tow #1(reflashed ECU). At 1100 miles, transmission would not engage and could not back out of garage, Tow #2, (replaced shifting pistons/actuator assembly). At 1655, transmission would not engage after stopping for coffee, Tow #3(found corroded ground terminals). At 1950, trans would not engage, Tow #4 (now replacing transmission). California has Lemon Law, I am using it...too bad. So towed 4 times before first car payment!

Love my '13 Aero
By stubb1 on 09/08/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Aero since December 2013. I test drove almost everything in the class but settled on the Aero manual 6 spd 1.4L turbo based on price, options and fuel economy. This car is fun to drive, handles great, and gets better than advertised mileage. I have almost 20,000 on the car now and have taken it on several long road trips. The seats are comfy, the power is great even on the highway, and it is a real treat to drive on mountain roads. I can't understand the C rating here. For the last week I have also been driving a 2014 Corolla S and I can't stand it. The Dart has more pickup, better mileage and handling, and more room. All for about 4k less.

Do NOT Buy A Dart!!!
By bamatoya on 08/29/14 12:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Omg... This car turned out to be my worst nightmare. I purchased it on July 31, 2013, brand new, and it seems like as soon as I pulled off the lot, it went downhill from there. In April, I ended up having to get the alternator and a belt replaced. It locked up while I was driving, not to mention the fact that I was just about to get on the interstate for a trip. After that, I experience a burning smell for weeks. Ended up having to have the oil pan replaced. Now, here in August, my car won't crank. It keeps dying on me and one minute, it seems like the battery, the next someone is saying it's the alternator. I'm waiting for the verdict from the dealer now. In the meantime, don't buy Dodge!!

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer on 08/11/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

Stay Far Away
By garfish1 on 07/25/14 00:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded my Dart in so I figured I would write a review. I had a rally with the 2.0 automatic and only had 6,000 miles on it. I did purchase it new when they first came out. On a good note I will say the interior was very nice and held up well. The touch screen is huge and very good view for the backup camera. The exterior is another story and found it to be very cheap. The underbody plastic was starting to fall apart already on me and had to be removed. I also found that the paint seemed to be very poor quality, I wonder if it is a water base because it scratches and chips very easily.

2013 Dart Ralley 1.4 turbo 6 speed man
By maggiewalt on 07/15/14 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife to drive to work (40 miles one way) Love the looks. But the car has been in the shop to much for a car that is just over a year old and 23000 miles on it. Trunk liner clips broke, was told they had to order whole liner. took it home that day and took grocery' out of trunk. Whey we closed it, they broke again. Heard it hit the trunk floor. Had the clutch cyld replaced as it would stay on the floor "TSB for this one" Now 3 months later and it back in the shop for the same thing. (Parts on national back order) had to beg for a loaner even though its still under warranty and I purchased the life time warranty. Engine was skipping was told needed oil change.

Should have done more research before buying
By grandma51 on 07/08/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my car on June 7th, on June 30th with only 1400 miles driven the car began to misfire in the #2 cylinder and check engine light was on. Took car back to the dealer, it took a week for Chrysler to tell them to change a spark plug. Changed the spark plug and the car was still misfiring. Now they are waiting for a new fuel injector. They really have no idea what is wrong with the car. When the car works properly it does get good gas mileage. Love the collision avoidance system, the easy to read touch screen, and clear back-up camera. But I am afraid after reading all the problems other owners have had this car will only be a problem.

Lemon? I think not.
By vkmaxima on 06/29/14 21:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well, let me just start off that my friend has a 2013 Dart with the California package. I have driven this car a few times now, and I must say I am very impressed with Chrysler. This car rides and handles very well. The fuel economy is AMAZING! No matter what the mpgs stay above 30. It has decent power for it's size. If you want the extra power then go for the turbo. My friend has not experienced any problems as of yet, but let's be realistic. This car has JUST come out, a completely new vehicle, so it's bound to have a few issues. Overall I think it's a great car, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the styling. It's about time American automakers step up their game.

Lemon-DO NOT BUY
By da101670 on 06/17/14 08:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Car bought Dec. 2013- 13k miles..This car has been 1 problem after the other from 3 recalls to 3 times in the shop due to the service transmission and engine light comes up. The first time the dealer couldn't duplicate the issue.. I drove for a few weeks second time it happened again they had to replace one of the electrical panels. Then the third incident I was on the highway in traffic the car wouldn't move. I had to shut it down and inch my way off to the side to get a towed to dealer and now they have no clue since they cant "duplicate" the issue. Chrysler must be waiting for a serious law suit because I am not the only one with the issue.. just cant wait until my lease is up!

Nothing but problems
By abrown1984 on 06/16/14 02:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The mud flaps drag on the ground every time I go into a driveway the front bumper does also. The front bumper drags even if I a lightweight female am the only one in the car. When it's cold outside the pressure gauge for the tires is a pain in the rear. It constantly goes below 27 and sets off the low pressure alarm which is extremely annoying when you know once it warms up a little it will go back to normal. When you get on the gas the muffler sounds really tinny. Like they put the cheapest muffler on it and it rattles like crazy. Speakers are horrible. Now I have begun to smell antifreeze and I have 38,000 miles on the car. No get up in automatic when starting off from a light.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Dodge Dart Sedan in VA is:

$166 per month*