Used 2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Most Helpful|
DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!
By nwhite26

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I will save you a lot of time and money by simply saying do not buy this car! I'm serious. Days after driving it off the lot, it has stalled on me, died on me, service transmission light comes on constatly, check engine light comes on, and I've taken it back to the dealership continuous times for repair adn the issue keeps occuring. The dealership refuses to trade me into another car and now has said I have depreciated the value due to keeping it for too long. The two previous owners both had the same issues to, I checked the records. I was tricked into buying this car or else I wouldn't have! For a 2 yr old car this should not happen! Save yourselves, run!!!

Favorite Features

seats are comfortable, the interior designs look cool.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge should stop making this car, or make one that works!

Disaster with Chrysler
By rbirwin

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 2013 Dodge Dart in Dec of 2012. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. Turbocharger was defective and replaced at 16K miles. Battery went dead at 26K and was replaced. Interior plastic began to break. At 34K miles engine blew and the real problems began. Chrysler Dodge would not honor the Warranty. We are still fighting with them. Unfortunately we now think the car could be unsafe to drive. Given Chryslers poor Warranty service I would never buy Chrysler/Dodge again.

My Biggest Regret!!
By Thai Tran

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car brand new when initially introduced to the market in late 2012. I purchased this car under emotional stress due to the Sandy storm which completely flooded my Audi, totaling it. So the decision to purchase the Dart was more impulsive and out of desperation. Fast forward 3 years later, i'm now having problems with the engine and the engine light comes on sporadically throughout my ownership. I'm not getting the fuel efficiency that is proudly advertised by Dodge. The fuel cap gets stuck and doesn't open during cold weather. When the weather gets below 30, my car has trouble recognizing my FOB key, with issues that causes it not to work reliably.

2013 Dodge Dart
By Amber Brown Baldwin

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my Dodge Dart brand new from the dealer in December 2012. I have had it in the dealership twice now for severe issues. The latest reason; my steering wheel locked up, radio and dash controls went black after all the lights on the dash came on with a service steering wheel error popped up. Once I came to a stop realized my steering wheel was not in my control, radio was still black. Heater turned up all the way, unable to turn it down or control it. Parked the car and now its going back in to the dealer! I paid a fortune for this car. If I had been going faster than I was I would have been severely injured in a wreck when my steering wheel locked up. Would not buy!

Favorite Features

Interior is beautiful. Sleek design on the outside. Interior is not roomy for a taller person!

Suggested Improvements

Taller roof for 6 ft plus; cloth seats stain very easily; would change material.

Battery replacement
By S F Samie

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased the 2013 Dodge dart Lmtd brand new in Dec 2012. Since then we have had two issues with the battery and only recently had to have the entire battery replaced. The Dodge dealership confirmed that it was an internal problem with the battery! Has anyone else had these issues? The car has completed about 26K miles.