2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
My Dakota
By Mike B on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought trk new, no major problems, fun to drive, water pump replaced but thats it, replaced the rotors and pads at 70,000 miles, installed vented and cross drilled rotors and pads , big diff in stopping,

Great truck and has never let me down
By Califroff on 01/24/09 10:35 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Owned this truck for almost 5 years, 115,000 miles. Still get 20 mpg on trips, 16 mpg in traffic. Except for tires, lube, fluid changes,and one taillight, have never had a thing that needed fixing. Still have the original battery. Parks outdoors 100% of the time and driven every other day. I over load it frequently and had it stuck so bad a front loader CAT had to lift me out. V6 and transmission just keep going. Better truck that the 1998 Dakota I owned previously. Interior has held up well and is still more comfortable than the Colorado or Rangers I've tried.

Can't beat a Dodge
By Gatorman on 01/16/09 16:28 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've own this little truck for 4 years now and been from Ga to Tx many times. Me being in the military and all. Only problem I have had is tires and that because I run them off going back and forth to Texas. Won't trade my truck for a Ford, Chevy or GMC.

My 2004 Dakota
By Danny Cole Sr. on 02/11/06 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive. I have the 3.7litre V6 with 5 speed transmission. This truck does respond very good with the V6 engine The comfort is good with enough room to seat myself and my wife comfortably. We enjoy this truck. And we like the body style.

great truck
By bkr on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm over 50 and this is my first new vehicle. The dealer was excellent to deal with. I've received lots of compliments on the style and color.

Damnit - Chrysler
By James Logue on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The MAJOR disspointment is the dealer could not alter the headlights so as to have daytime running light.

owned olded models + this 2004
By pedersen on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

this truck has a good all around use, has power and fun to drive. This truck is not for long drives if your tall.