If you like it, just wait and you won't!!
By virginiamother on
2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
May looks nice, but the car wasn't built to last. Got it almost new & noticed the blind spots after a week. If u are tall, dont' get the sunroof. My husband HATES this car,his head hits the roof. Don't scratch it, even gently, it leaves a mark on the plastic interior. 4 days after my 36K mile point, it really fall apart. Some engine light came on and the Dodge people will not even look at it without $$89 dollars, took it to someone else & already hundreds of dollars to fix it. The window literally fell into the door after the regulator broke, $$200 bucks. One light has a short. The left front brake is gone & needs resurfacing, $$ hundreds. The leather on the driver seat is crumbling off!!!!!
Favorite Features
It got better gas mileage than our truck... but everything does. It is not bad to look at. Other than those things this car should not be sold to anyone. I am a "Buy American" type of gal, but this car changed that. After 7 Dodge vehicles, I will never, ever, ever buy another one.
Suggested Improvements
Recall them all and send an appology to anyone that was unfortunate enough to buy one, really. For those of you that are happy with it, all I have to say is, 'Just Wait... and you won't be.'
By kcarr85
on 06/15/11 15:42 PM (PDT)

I bought mine new, fortunately when the regulator broke and my window fell down into the door- they fixed it for free. The warranty didn't last long though. I love my car, but it does seem like everything goes wrong with it after certain you hit a certain mileage.

By commenter
on 06/12/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

For a guy these are petty issues that we can fix with inexpensive parts off the internet and would consider it to still be a good reliable car...not to sound like a chauvenist...but women tend to over react with the petty stuff. You complained about headroom??...should've noticed on test drive...and brakes are the first parts to wear on ANY car... Honda's, Toyotas...and you drove with bad pads that's why your rotor needs resurfacing. Also,sounds like you're going to crook mechanics for what their charging you.