Used 1999 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Her name is Ruby
By Jessica

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 5 years now and it has been great. I've only had two major repairs. I had to replace the ball joints and the timing belt. other than that, normal maintenance is all that is required and the car runs beautifully! I take a road trip twice a year and the car always holds up nicely, better actually because it just wants to be driven! In California, we don't have to worry too much about the cold so this is not an issue. to this day it only has 100,000 miles on it and I will continue to drive it until it will no longer drive. I'm sure I have at least another 5 years with it!

Lots of trunk space, spacious seating, and great handling. AC/Heater work amazingly. Love the sound of the engine and the (added) exhaust. Feels like I'm going faster that what I really am, making it easier to follow the posted speed limit. Also, LOVE that the gas tank is on the right side!

Brighter headlights, more comfortable head rest, and appearance. Needs better paint job, and interior could be a different color too. Unimportant items compared to how great the car runs!

This is Love
By JusBringIt

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this fancy car over 230 miles away from home in Pennsylvania. I've been through the best and the worst with this car and every time I turn it on, it returns the favor. I've made some additions over the 3.7 years I've own the car, however nothing that takes away from the original showmanship. There were very few problems with this car and most of them were self inflicted. The only issue I have is that I don't have a manual transmission. Keep up the maintenance and the car will give you years of service. This car drives even better than it did the day I bought it. It ages like wine.

The exterior design. As close to perfection as one can get for a sports coupe.

A manual transmission. The AT robs some passion.

300.000 miles and running excellently
By Carlos

1999 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

We bought this car with 235,000 miles to travel driving to Mexico in 2008, not only we did that, now we are in Argentina with the same car after 65.000 miles of adventure, fun and good memories. The best buy ever and a good friend to have. I only can say thanks to my car.

body lines , sport kind

nothing

245,000 miles, no problem
By White Avenger

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my beautiful car in 2005. I have 245,000 miles on it and have only had one tune up and spent not more than 2,000 in repairs. Except the time I got ripped off for about 1,500 from the Dodge Dealer.

Is it worth it?
By Kmfury7

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car in June of 2009, it was a 1999 dodge avenger. After 2 weeks of having it, and being a new driver, the ball joint on the top right went out! Not only did that accident freak me out but so did the price to fix it (940.00$). this car is bad going over pot holes or divits in the road. The engine also has an odd tick to it. Not the best for a first car. Sun roof and stock sound system are pretty sick.

Really nice stock sound system, horsepower, gas mileage, sun roof

the cheap parts!