Used 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Great Family Van
By June Keck

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Chrysler Town and Country Limited when our son was 2 wks. old. This van has done it all! Been a play area, diaper changing area, nursing and bottle feeding. Have to remember the weird stuff. It's hauled chickens, goats, hay, fence posts, lumber. Pulled a 16ft. trailer with 50 hay bales with no problem. My husband and I are both disabled. I can honestly say that without this van, we would not have been able to do half the things we've gotten done with it. I love the tires. They stick to the road no matter the weather. I can honestly say I only have one Big Gripe. The sliding doors. I blame the dealership. We had problems with the doors from the beginning. Told the door to shut (didn't matter which button was used.) The door would start to shut. About 1 foot from closing it would bounce back open. To get it to shut we had to get out and shut it manually. Then it wouldn't open. So had to manually open it. Every time we took it in, the Dealership said they couldn't duplicate it. They finally fixed one door after I videoed it. Of course the other door went out of warranty before I could get them to fix it. I do love the safety sensors on the doors. I will Never get a van without them. Not because of our child, but because my husband and I need them.

Made it to the moon!
By April Marshmellow

2003 Chrysler Town and Country eL FFV Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our goal was to get 232K mIles out of this van so we could say we had traveled (the distance) to the moon. Same transmission--I've had it flushed twice. 268K, mostly highway miles and still humming right along. My siblings who have owned Chevrolet and other minivans prefer the seats in the T&C. I highly recommend this van.

Best ride I ever bought
By Randy

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best work horse my family ever bought. I still drive it frequently and my now teenage daughters won't let me sell it. I had an 80+ year old gentleman stop me at Publix and told me to never sell it as he had one, sold it, and regretted it. I agreed. Only costs me $150 every 6months to insure and despite less than exemplary milage still is worth keeping. Don't know if I'll let it go before it gives up on me altogether. Glad I bought it.

Served me Well for Eleven Years
By latsyrch

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2003 T&C with 122,000 miles on it.
For all the horrible reviews on this model over the years, this van served me well for 11 years.
I think I had it serviced ONE time for anything other than normal maintenance and oil changes.
The leather interior is still in excellent shape, the exterior wore well also.
That said, I would NOT buy this van used.
When I turned mine in the back hatch would fall at inopportune times onto my head, the power windows were failing, and the transmission was both sounding and acting wonky.
Gas mileage was horrible.

Leather upholstery Push button (on key fob) lock and hatch lift Four captains chairs Very comfortable on long road trips Lots of storage behind third row seat Third row seat long enough to lie down on

Gas mileage was poor Transmission would whine

What a Lemon
By jerseyraised

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van 9 months ago. Recently a 10amp fuse blew causing the van to shut down. That same night after it was fixed the speedometer quit working. Now the van jerks while I'm driving it and the speedometer flies all the way to 120mph. Mechanic replaced speed sensor, that didn't fix it I've had it to him 3 times he finally told me he doesn't know what's wrong with it and he does not want to work on it anymore. I'm praying it's not the transmission (mechanic does not think it is). It has 118,500 miles on it. I hate this van. The drivers seat sits to high, the power window is getting ready to go I would not wish this van on my worse enemy.

I really can't think of any. Can't even say the radio because all of the stations have static on them. I guess I'd say the DVD player since the kid's love it.

Chrysler should read what people are saying about this van and fix those issues. Seems the transmission and speed sensors are a big problem with them just from what I have been reading.