2003 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Served me Well for Eleven Years
By latsyrch on 02/28/14 11:12 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2003 T&C with 122,000 miles on it. For all the horrible reviews on this model over the years, this van served me well for 11 years. I think I had it serviced ONE time for anything other than normal maintenance and oil changes. The leather interior is still in excellent shape, the exterior wore well also. That said, I would NOT buy this van used. When I turned mine in the back hatch would fall at inopportune times onto my head, the power windows were failing, and the transmission was both sounding and acting wonky. Gas mileage was horrible.

What a Lemon
By jerseyraised on 09/12/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van 9 months ago. Recently a 10amp fuse blew causing the van to shut down. That same night after it was fixed the speedometer quit working. Now the van jerks while I'm driving it and the speedometer flies all the way to 120mph. Mechanic replaced speed sensor, that didn't fix it I've had it to him 3 times he finally told me he doesn't know what's wrong with it and he does not want to work on it anymore. I'm praying it's not the transmission (mechanic does not think it is). It has 118,500 miles on it. I hate this van. The drivers seat sits to high, the power window is getting ready to go I would not wish this van on my worse enemy.

2003 Limited AWD
By jimj8 on 11/07/11 19:10 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new in 2003. Has all the bells and whistles, DVD system, power everything, leather 3.8L engine etc. It has been a great vehicle for us. We are just coming up on 200,000 miles and have had very few problems. We have done the brakes once. Just replaced the water pump ( for a whole $120!), other than that just put fuel in it and drive. Fit and finish is still good. Only hardware problem is the left side power sliding door. The clutch is out in it and so it is hard to open manually. It will open under power if you give it a tug. Leather seats are still perfect and still comfortable. We have gotten about 19 MPG.

Not thrilled
By spenc618 on 04/02/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for 3 years now.. new transmission which AAMCO said is very common on this vehicle. Have that checked before you purchase. Now it is leaking fluid from underneath and the steering is horrible.. hopefully both symptoms are the same issue. More to follow on the issue and the price to repair and how common it is. Mine and most I run into have the hood paint peeling bad. I wouldn't purchase again. Would probably go with the Honda if I could have a mulligan.

Not that bad
By a on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van in June of 2004. It had some miles on it but I don’t remember how many. It now has almost 170,000 miles on it. Something leaked and ruined the carpet on the front passenger side. The electronic switch in the windows went bad making it stick occasionally – it would decide when it wanted to start working again. It has only left me stranded once, and that was because the battery died without warning and wouldn’t hold a charge. We replaced the battery and it kept on ticking. This van is quite reliable and I never worry about getting stranded. The driver seat and the front passenger seat is not comfortable either.

Lemon
By Brian Sherrets on 08/02/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased our Chrysler Town and Country new off of the floor. Within weeks we had it in the dealer for repairs, and then continued to take it in monthly for one thing or another. We are experiencing a shock and sway bar problem, along with a fuel pump issue that makes very noticeable noise. We have taken the vehicle in for the shocks and sway bar to be told that there is nothing wrong. The fuel pump issue will cost us close to $800.00 - $1000.00. We travel with kids for different sporting events and many parents like the space and are impressed with the availability to remove seats for more room but I am honest with them when I tell them that they would end up with a lemon.

Not So Great Quality
By Penguinfan on 05/27/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

To start off, my van only gets 11 mpg. It has had the transmission rebuilt twice, has had 6 sets of rear Infinity speakers & 2 radios because of a buzzing noise. Has been in the shop a lot, but it goes great in the snow and is very comfortable. Probably would buy again but would have wished it was more reliable.

2003 Chrysler LX
By PCR on 05/21/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We love this van, now with 116,00 miles on it, runs smooth and still has power. We did not do any repairs beyond warranty and general maintenance until over 100,000 miles. We recently drove the new Chrysler town and Country and the new one does not compare to the great quality of the old 2003. The 2003 is quieter, sits up higher, more solid, rides at least 2 times as good (2003 had Monroe sensitracks on all 4's at 100K). We ended up getting a used 2007 Jeep Cherokee V6, ( very good SUV) that was much better than new Van. We are now sold on this model of Jeep and are keeping the 2003 T&C until she no longer goes, or get the cash for Jeep. Really impressed with the Cherokee.

hate to see it go!
By van lover on 12/29/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

now has 99,000 miles, gets avg 23mpg, had a problem with window motor, front suspension, sway bar bushings, so have $400 in "repairs" since i bought it new. Giving to my daughter and hope she gets 50K miles more! Now needs front brake pads after 45K miles. They are dirty and stain the wheel covers, Love the styling of body, think it helps milage. Handles great in snow (WI). Too bad the company quality has gone to hell. Wouldn't consider a new one today!

love this van :)
By wizard on 09/29/09 00:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd MoPar mini-van & I would own none other. Yes a few issues over the years but mostly easy-fix things. This 03 did have a transmission issue that was frustrating but the out of state dealer was the headache Not Chrysler or my local dealer. I would/will always own one of these. No chop-chop foreign s-t in my driveway. USA or nothing