Great Family Vehicle
By jvc on
2001 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
We have been happy with our van. I must admit to being resistant to buying a minivan because of the "uncool" factor. But, the styling of the T&C is aggressive, and with the 3.8L engine, it has enough power to climb hills or tow if needed. This van has more legroom and overall space than the competitors. Comfort is good, and cup holders and "cubbies" are plentiful for the kids stuff, which helps on long road trips. Visibility is excellent, and the handling is impressive for such a large vehicle. I recommend getting a warranty, however. We had the A/C compressor and condenser go out at different times, which were covered. That paid for the warranty. No other major problems.
Favorite Features
Power and styling for a minivan. Lots of storage space with the center console and rear cubbies. Cup holders are plentiful, but subtle. I like the CD changer/stereo with steering wheel controls, and the comfortable seats throughout. I am 6'4", and there is plenty of legroom for me in all rows.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic temperature computer seems to flake out in cold morning temperatures. We had a faulty circuit replaced once, that that appears to be a "feature" with this model year. I'm hoping they offer a hybrid one by the time we need a new one. Improved mileage would help.