2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Love my Sebring
By tstas on 07/28/14 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Sebring Touring Edition since August 2011. I did have to replace an O2 sensor and heat sync sensor as well as the alternator last year. The car has over 90k on it. It was under 70 when I bought it. Mine has handled nicely and is fun to drive on curvy roads with the top down. Aside from the above mentioned issues I've had no mechanical problems and keep up with routine maintenance. I'm not getting the mileage some others are getting. I get maybe 25 MPG city. All and all, I have no complaints about the car.

Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor on 11/12/13 17:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

great lil car
By cherrymarie on 07/31/13 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Sebring just a few weeks ago, and have loaded on the miles....GREAT MPG...average 30 plus on consistent basis. Handles really well, easy to drive, fun to be in...get so many compliments on the look and color. I keep her clean, and when the standard rims are clean, they get so many compliments...stock but ever so sexy. Been easy on the wallet so far, even with 115k on it when I got it...keep up the maintenance, should be a great ride for a while!!!

Fun car - Don't buy new !!!!
By keno1954 on 07/22/13 04:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Sebring convertible is one of the few remaining fun and full sized convertibles on the market today. I just purchased my third Sebring convertible. I purchased them all used with low miles because Chrysler's drop in value so quickly. I highly recommend the vehicle for numerous reasons but please be aware that these vehicles are know to require more than routine maintenance. Buy a great car at the least possible price because you will be spending money on maintanence.

Fun Drive, but no reliability
By tribalxgecko on 01/17/13 06:21 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was a fun car to drive...when it worked. I owned this car for 4 years and had nothing but problems. Started with 20k miles, now has 80k. Repairs include: Starter (2x), Front Wheel Bearings (5x), Rotors (5x), Alternator (2x), O2 Sensor (3x), Fuel Sensor (1x), Heat Sensor (1x), and Wiring Harness (1x). It burned oil, eventuallydeveloped an oil leak. Power steering squealed like crazy, so I replaced the belt and the pump, still squeals like crazy. Headlight and taillight bulbs blow constantly. It now sits in the driveway because my wife is too afraid to drive it. The engine compartment is too cramped to do anything without tearing apart other components...all in all, a nightmare.

best and funnest car me ever had!
By robsmopar on 07/07/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is such a nice car, its sells for a great price too . my wife and I were afraid at first to buy one because people told us it was a junk car,but we talked to several people who have them and one with 185,000 miles on it with never 1 single problem,now there our friends and we do trips together too, this is not a perfect car and diff.people have diff. likes ,but for us we would deffinetly buy this car again,we love it its got style,

A great American Car
By cak737 on 04/03/11 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring TSI 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 TSi as a leftover in 07. It now has 60,000 miles and has not had the first problem. The reason I bought it instead of an 07 was it was priced right and loaded w/ options, and Lifetime Warranted. I have a 97 Stratus which I believe is about the same size and frame, it now has 345,000 miles w/ no major problems. And parts for these are 1/4th of parts for foreign cars. I consistently get over 30 MPG highway and that's saying something here in the Mts. of Colorado. It's fun to drive and has very crisp handling, a must in the mts. Overall a great car. Just wish the seats had more padding.

A great choice
By nickey2006 on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Even though I just got this car about a weeks ago I love this car. Even though I am a Ford girl I do have to say I am glad I bought this car it drives great, it turns way awesome, the radio system is great, and all around its just great!

Fun Little Car - doesn't break the bank
By Chris on 09/03/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!I come from a passion for sports cars, but have learned that cars are a necessary waste of money-so the Sebring Vert is my compromise. It's fun to drive, relatively safe, and thieves don't want it. The car was 6 months old when I bought it with very low mileage - and certified; for about half the cost of a new one. This was a secret I found out early on, and I am glad I did; why throw money out the window? Cars really are a bad investment, but I don't feel guilty about this one. Its not a BMW or Mercedes, but it gets the job done nicely without sacrificing the fun factor or the family factor. I don't drive much or very far so mpg on mine isn't reliable for comparison.

Would get another one
By sparkie2999 on 06/14/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 21,000 on it and it now has 83,000. It is going in tomorrow for the first major maintenance. Only changed the oil for the past 62,000 miles. Recommended.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.