Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC Money Pit
By M Perry

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car, at 96000 miles, well maintained, has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm the second owner, paid $4k for the 2006 GTC model. After only 6 months of ownership I've had to replace the fuel pump, a transmission sensor when the car died while driving 35 mph & a new alternator...approximately $1,300 in repairs!! Now KBB is telling me my car is worth $2,100 private party sales? This car is a 6 cylinder but reacts sluggishly when accelerating from a stopped position. Car shakes & seems very unstable with even the slightest poor road handling, especially when top is retracted. I will never purchase or recommend a Chrysler product again!!

Love my girl!
By Dawn

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought in 2007 Apr with 17k miles on it. Overpriced for sure. Have finally paid it off and not wanting to get into another car pmnt. First thing fixed was the fuel tank...then the drivers window motor... now it is 10 yrs old since it was built and it needs new passenger window motor and some dumb head removed the interior door lock mechanism so I am having to get that installed as well; And needs a paint job! The all leather seats were awesome until my husband had to use my car for a few years, so I just bought slip on seat covers. The trunk 'donut' cover broke the first time my husband pulled it out, so need a replacement for that. I love this car, rides great and is smooth on the highway. Gas mileage, not so good, about 23 mpg. it is now at 118k and just starting to have some things that need to be addressed like ball joints and steering belt; Firestone replaced the alternator a couple months back...

Love my Sebring
By tstas

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Sebring Touring Edition since August 2011. I did have to replace an O2 sensor and heat sync sensor as well as the alternator last year. The car has over 90k on it. It was under 70 when I bought it. Mine has handled nicely and is fun to drive on curvy roads with the top down. Aside from the above mentioned issues I've had no mechanical problems and keep up with routine maintenance. I'm not getting the mileage some others are getting. I get maybe 25 MPG city. All and all, I have no complaints about the car.

Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

There are not any at this time.

Noisy top and windows at the seals, brakes.

great lil car
By cherrymarie

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Sebring just a few weeks ago, and have loaded on the miles....GREAT MPG...average 30 plus on consistent basis. Handles really well, easy to drive, fun to be in...get so many compliments on the look and color. I keep her clean, and when the standard rims are clean, they get so many compliments...stock but ever so sexy. Been easy on the wallet so far, even with 115k on it when I got it...keep up the maintenance, should be a great ride for a while!!!

Sporty, fun, sexy looking car.

Has a lil road noise, but nothing major.

• SUV