Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Love my Sebring
By tstas

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Sebring Touring Edition since August 2011. I did have to replace an O2 sensor and heat sync sensor as well as the alternator last year. The car has over 90k on it. It was under 70 when I bought it. Mine has handled nicely and is fun to drive on curvy roads with the top down. Aside from the above mentioned issues I've had no mechanical problems and keep up with routine maintenance. I'm not getting the mileage some others are getting. I get maybe 25 MPG city. All and all, I have no complaints about the car.

Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

Favorite Features

There are not any at this time.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy top and windows at the seals, brakes.

great lil car
By cherrymarie

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Sebring just a few weeks ago, and have loaded on the miles....GREAT MPG...average 30 plus on consistent basis. Handles really well, easy to drive, fun to be in...get so many compliments on the look and color. I keep her clean, and when the standard rims are clean, they get so many compliments...stock but ever so sexy. Been easy on the wallet so far, even with 115k on it when I got it...keep up the maintenance, should be a great ride for a while!!!

Favorite Features

Sporty, fun, sexy looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Has a lil road noise, but nothing major.

Fun car - Don't buy new !!!!
By keno1954

2006 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Sebring convertible is one of the few remaining fun and full sized convertibles on the market today. I just purchased my third Sebring convertible. I purchased them all used with low miles because Chrysler's drop in value so quickly. I highly recommend the vehicle for numerous reasons but please be aware that these vehicles are know to require more than routine maintenance. Buy a great car at the least possible price because you will be spending money on maintanence.

Favorite Features

The visibility out of the vehicle with the top up is excellent for a convertible. The car rides and drives extremely well for a lower priced convertible. The top is easy to operate and has a real glass rear window.

Fun Drive, but no reliability
By tribalxgecko

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was a fun car to drive...when it worked. I owned this car for 4 years and had nothing but problems. Started with 20k miles, now has 80k. Repairs include: Starter (2x), Front Wheel Bearings (5x), Rotors (5x), Alternator (2x), O2 Sensor (3x), Fuel Sensor (1x), Heat Sensor (1x), and Wiring Harness (1x). It burned oil, eventuallydeveloped an oil leak. Power steering squealed like crazy, so I replaced the belt and the pump, still squeals like crazy. Headlight and taillight bulbs blow constantly. It now sits in the driveway because my wife is too afraid to drive it. The engine compartment is too cramped to do anything without tearing apart other components...all in all, a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Roomy, stylish design, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Basically everything that makes the car run.