My First Car Purchase
By Jr. Acosta on
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV
I recently purchase my Tahoe and so far, it's been OK. The shiny red color really stands out there along with the performance tires. I took it to the dealership to fix the grinding and clunking noise from the brakes and the alignment and shaking. It was covered under warranty. It stinks that I had to stick with the 30 day, 1000 mile warranty. ( Don't stick with these types of warranties car shoppers!)The grinding noise is gone but I still have the clunking sound. I'm not sure what this could be.... I also hear a clunking from the axle when I acccelerate or shift gears. It tend to shake a little bit when I'm going at speed of 85+MPH. The interior is very comfortable. Happy with my purchase.
Favorite Features
Power from the 5.7 Vortec; It never lags!!! Awesome passing power along with the exhaust note!! Decent sound systems but tends to get distorted at high volume; the color and design of the exterior, it just pops out. The seats are very comfortable; Im really looking forward to go to Vegas in my Tahoe
Suggested Improvements
There has to be a way to make this engine to achieve at least 19MPG and not loose any power; i will be experimenting on this... Right now, I'm getting around 14MPG on average;