2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Finally...wow

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Finally...wow
By DMaxx on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We researched and read for almost 3 months, trying to find a CAR that could do what our S-10 did but be able to haul 4 REAL people when not hauling cargo. Hello Maxx! Leather, automatic climate controls, remote start, adjustable pedals. I feel like a million bucks when I'm driving this car. I, for one, like the styling of the Maxx, it's just perfect. I'm still trying to get use to a car who's front hood is visible when driving but I like the beefy look of it and, in my humble opinion, the back end is just plain sexy. Four big doors for easy entry/exit, the sliding rear seats and very appreciated center rear arm rest are fantastic.

The 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes are powerful and confidence building. The back seat is my favorite place to be. Asked my wife to drive me around so I could enjoy it. WOW! Great V-6 torque (220 ft/lbs) at a low 3200 RPM. No screaming engine when hauling 4 adults around town. Very quiet.

I would like crisper handling. It's an incredible leap over that S-10 we traded in but not as responsive as our Saturn SL2.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review