Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

At 78,000 miles, still drives like new
By Melvin H Hoffman

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily because I needed a reliable, reasonable efficient and large vehicle. At a discount of more than 20% it has proved thus far to be a bargain. Just put on new tires and brakes (although still had some pad left). Have changed oil and filters regularly, otherwise just drive it and maintain it. Only problems have been minor: ventilation door in dash needed replacement ($70); Dash in front has a crack from Florida sun (not unusual), replacement is about $120; otherwise no problems whatsoever. I also own a Mercedes (with $120 plus oil changes, crazy) and I prefer to drive this vehicle. In overall use it has averages more than 26 mpg, mostly local mileage.

First time owner of Impala
By 2011franf

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

a friend who has a impala just like mind was having some issues with her car. on this edmunds.com site when i was reading some reviews about other people who had similiar issues with there impala.I was surprised to read the reviews..I purchased my impala in 2011 and one month later when driving home from work the check engine light, service traction control light, ABS light, service airbags light, and tire gage light all came on at the same time..needless to say i did not know what was going on. before I could get it into the shop the next day i was exiting the ramp to enter the freeway when suddenly the car accelerated on its own and slammed me into a brick wall.

Favorite Features

my favorite feature of the impala is the way the car was designed and style on the outside..that is what caught my eye.

Suggested Improvements

honestly i don't know what i would suggest for improvements for the impala..this was my first time owening one, so i never experience that before or with any other vehicle i have ever owened. I just will never forget this experience with this one..scary.

100% Pure Love!
By levwop

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car it is so much fun to drive, it is an eye catcher! Have not done anything major to it besides oil changes etc the normal. The get up and go in this is amazing! When i found out they are not coming back with Impala SS in 2014, Very upset with Chevy on this! I will keep this car as a collector now bc they are not made anymoe 2009 was the last year this car was produced..

Favorite Features

The interior is amazing heated seats dual AC control power seats, Just an amazing level of comfort front and back. The exterior is sleek and but stylish.

alternator
By amanda52

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Has anyone ever had there alternator go at 20,000k's. I own a 2009 Impala the alternator went and it is not covered by the warranty.The GM service people told me that these things happen,WOW I wonder what is going to happen next, I am in disbelief I had A Buick for 11 years and never replaced an alternator.I am so unhappy with GM.

Bad Experience
By taryn2013

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a current owner of a 2009 Chevy Impala. I purchased this car 2 1/2 years ago for a high price but I thought I was getting a reliable car that would last me a number of years. A year into owning it the problems began. My car continusely read service traction control, service airbags, and my check engine light was constantly on & off. I took it to 2 different garages and they could not figure out anything. I ended up at the Faulkner Chevy dealer. I ended up paying over $800 to get the air bags replaced, and a harness strap which had a bad connection. I am a young mother of 2 and NOT happy about this. GM does NOTHING to satisfy concerns or complaints

Suggested Improvements

SELL THIS CAR AS SOON AS YOU CAN