1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (56 reviews )
Nail on Head
By Berky on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I'm 25 years old and I have owned my Impala for about 4months. The only problem with it so far is the rear axle bearings are shot and I am about to get them fixed. Other than that it runs like a champ, drives like a champ, and looks like a champ. Lots of add ons are available from car lovers like us. This is one of my dream cars. I wanted one since the day they came into existence and it took me six years, but I got one. I don't think I would ever choose to get rid of this car. I plan to put a supercharger on it from NAISSO superstore in FL and up the horse by about 300hp. That'll snap your head back heheh.

Truly a Super Sport
By larrygre on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

If there is such thing as a car that is too much fun, the '90s Impala SS is it. I bought my '96 used four years ago and I just plain never get tired of driving this car. Acceleration is fierce. Braking is excellent, the g=huge 12" discs doing their job admirably. The handling and overall vehicle dynamics are surprisingly good for such a large car. Four doors nonwithstanding, this is truly the heir to the legendary Impala SS cars of the '60s. I'll never part with mine - like I said, it's too much fun!

Why did GM stop making the Impala SS?!!
By portert0224 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I love this car and plan on buying another for my wife and one for each of my five kids! If you want a fun, fast, roomy 4-door modern muscle car, this is your car! My 96 SS ran a 14.67 quarter mile when it was stock. I added a cold air intake and K&N filter and it ran a 14.53 quarter mile. This SS will outrun any stock 5.0 or 4.6 Mustang. It is very reliable. It still has the stock battery that came with the car and it has had only two mechanical problems--the driver side window came off track and the wiper switch malfunctioned, all occuring after 80,000 miles! It gets 21-24 mpg depending on my lead foot. Awesome car!

Supercar
By Paul Cooney on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

Never had a problem with it other than the back window going out of track. (cold weather)

LMAO at the F.O.R.D. Marauder
By yes on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The marauder may very well be a good ford product but look forward to spongy brakes and no low end torque. Longevity is a question and well it just doesn't have the looks. I am still laughing all the way to the bank. My SS cost $19.500 the ford will cost about $35.000. My chevy was built by proud American workers who lovingly put this car together. 80.000 miles no problems, 14.00 in the quarter. Cop car suspension means no surprises. A note to FORD this is what happens when John Moss (a brillant automobile designer)really builds a car. Maybe you should hire him. Thank You Mr. Moss!!!

The SS Impala Floats On
By BenS0SS on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

This car is by far the best full-sized vehicle you can possibly purchase, with the possible exception of the BMW 7 series. It handles extremely well, accelerates like there's no tomrrow, and seats 5 adults without problems.

highway cruiser
By smith on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

This is our vacationing, interstate cruising, mountain climbing muscle car. When you push on the accelerator, it goes. Reliable super performing vehicle. Funny to watch people in front of you slow down, move out of the way thinking you are a police cruiser. My son has spoken for my car.

Diablo
By Tom Stewart on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

That's the name of my Impala SS, a true American masterpiece. There are minor irritants like the bucket seats could have better support features. But these are buried in the joys of driving this two-ton hot rod! I had 10 guys at the dealership drooling and hoping I wouldn't take the car. It's the most reliable car I've owned. It still looks red hot and attracts comments. Chevrolet made a terrible trade-off in stopping SS production for what...everyday trucks? On the other hand, it gives we SS owners an appreciable investment while we devour the thrills!

Great investment
By Morgan White on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

keeps its value and should go up in price over the next few years!

The best Chevy ever made!
By Montana on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The best Chevy ever made.