2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: poor mileage and runs poorly

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

poor mileage and runs poorly
By robgrv on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car ran great when new, now has 4500 miles on it and it starts to shake/missing when it lugs down in gear. Dealer said nothing was wrong so taking it to another dealer. This morning it made a grinding noise when I started it. Junk

Suggested Improvements

Put the Honda motor in it that the Saturn Vue had in it.
By jonmenge
on 05/29/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

The stalling issue can be corrected by replacing the camshaft solenoids and a reprogram. There is a campaign or product enhancement. I took mine to Martin Chevrolet in Torrance - they were sharp enough to fix it the first time. Got the car back the same day too... so I believe it is an easy fix.

By mls18_03
on 01/20/12 10:01 AM (PST)

i found ur post on edmunds, i too have a 2011 chevy equinox with stalling issues. i have gotten no where with gm and the dealership i purchased it at. they have replaced multiple parts as part of a recall my vehicle does not have. i have started a facebook page trying to get some attention and am encouraging others with same problems to look and comment on there. These issues were having with a faulty vehcicle is somthing that needs to be addressed. i have contacted local newspapers, radio stations, everywereh trying to get word out there that they are not a safe vehicle. i just want to get word out there to try to help our cases and get them to buy back faulty equinox! i hope you could email back or add yourself to my page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/216330618456881/