Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Hardtop Coupe Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Awesome
By Dan arcotta

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

Drive it! You'll Love driving again!

Amazing Performance for the Money
By zr77

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I've had my 1999 corvette for approx 1 year. I purchased it from the original owner who used it mainly as a show car and it had 90K miles. Almost completely stock with the exception of an exhaust. I LOVE driving this car. Great exhaust note, handles very well, acceleration is smooth. You can drive it easy or like a mad man. I've started to track my C5 and grow more and more amazed with it every day. I can drive it to client meetings, getting 32-33mpg on the highway to flogging it at a race track (road racing) for a 3 day weekend and it keeps asking for more. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Only complaint overall interior design. GM cheaped out with the interior but the LS1 makes up for that.

LS1 engine. Excellent handling (I've installed coilovers and handles like a 911 now). Fantastic fuel mileage when driven easy, as I constantly get 30-34 on the highway. Easy to work on and very, very reliable. 101K miles with a lot of track time in the past 10K miles and it runs like new.

Interior is very, very cheap. Terrible seats, ugly shift knob and hideous stereo. Same radio you find in their trucks and SUV's. Come on, this is GM's flagship product and they have to use parts bin pieces?

Cherry runs like new. easily a steal
By vestedvette

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I traded a much more expensive 2012 car to get the Vette I always wanted.
Can't believe I found a 14 year old car with only 60k in mileage.
Its not even broken in yet.still handles like every vette if not better than all pre - 2000s I'm having a blast. Instant Classic. .. love it

Everything it still turns heads seriously

I'll wait so I can get the new stingray other than that I'm happy

Best Corvette I have yet to own
By lonewlf118

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

This is the best Corvette that I have yet to own. I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is the best so far. It is fun to drive, runs great, and has little problems. Yes, it turns heads.

6 speed manual transmission and high performance suspension.

None

Highly Recommended
By Steve T.

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I have owned four Corvettes prior to my 1999 ('60, '63' '77, '89). The 1999 Corvette is by far the best model of them all. Reliability and performance are outstanding; it is comfortable and fun to drive; the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are laudiable; the cost to own is reasonable; and the resale value is great. Overall it is just an outstanding vehicle!

LS1 engine, bose audio system, automatic trnsmission, accurate DIC, 12 CD factory changer, overall design, exterior and interior fit and finish.

I really can't suggest improvements. The 1999 Corvette is fine as built by Chevrolet and one of the best Corvette model years since 1953.