2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Stay away if you want to live.

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

LS Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Stay away if you want to live.
By addybabyface on

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in September w/ 40,000miles. Every month starting a week after I bought it, it flashed "low engine power," I went from going 70mph on the free way with my speed dropping dramatically when I was in front of a semi truck. I've taken it in about 8x for this problem, 5 different part have been put in yet low engine power keeps coming up at the worst times. I'm scared to even drive my car. My car keeps telling me to check my air bags yet when I take it in there fine. Three different shops and the chevy dealer to looked at my car. Its a money pit. I'm now having to trade it in take a loss and buy a new car. But I feel karma will come back at me when someone else buys it.

Seat belts, the only thing that will keep you safe in the death trap. Since not even the air bags work 100% of the time.

Fix the engine, everything about it. It speeds up badly and drops its speed at the worst times. Air bags, since they suck. The least of my worries, the truck space. The hole is small and hard to fit things in.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review