I'm back (2 years later)
By cragman1 on
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Third review from me on my '08 Cobalt base LS w/automatic. Most owners probably either sell or trade 2 yr old cars nowadays. Which is my reason for a 3rd review. Since buying this in Jan of '08, we've seen Toyota go through their inevitable fall from grace, and Honda's numbers are down as well - no doubt due to lack of interest from generation X, Y, or is it Z by now? Either way, once we have all small cars starting to look like Scions or Mazdas, I'd swear it's starting to look like a science fiction movie version of The Stepford Wives - only done in a small car theme! ;~0 . Anyway, I still have my '08 white Cobalt with nifty round red taillights and it still purrs along nicely!
Favorite Features
Looks. Ride. Driver space (coupe). Acceleration and shift predictability of the auto trans. Always shifts when you want or expect it to, even on fast cornering! Sound system great.
Suggested Improvements
Don't change this car into that cookie- cutter new model I've seen on the internet. What's next? Making the Vette look like a Subaru?