Used 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Trouble
By colorsendinink

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

i just bought this car with 71,000 miles and it's already giving me problems. i took it back to the dealer 3 times to get it repaired because it overheats all the time. the car has no power whatsoever. one good thing about it is the gas mileage, thats awesome because i have a long commute to school every day.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, pretty comfy for a small car

Suggested Improvements

no power at all. make quality parts

Wicked car - Cavalier 1996
By Kiprotich Arap-Ruto

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I looked at a number of cars before buying my Cavalier 1996. Its price was great and condition pretty good. It drives very well. I had to replace the gas tank (got a used one for a good price and free labor). Overall a very good car.

Favorite Features

Favourite features: I like the overall design of the car, interior, the seats were rather hard so i padded them with a massaging cushion and seat covers. Now it feels very comfortable and both sexy and chic.

Suggested Improvements

Sand rust spots, and paint and spray with rustcheck once or twice a year. Remember to spray all the body and tubes underneath the car. It will save you lots of stress, headache and money too.

Good Transportation
By DK

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Perfect choice for someone looking for a small car, basic transportation. Decent sound, great on gas, decent room for a small car. Reliable as all outdoors, I loved it.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, easy to drive, cheap to fix, fuel and maintain

Suggested Improvements

Poor interior materials, moves decent but still underpowered even for a small car. These seemed to have been addressed with its replacement, the Colbalt

Great car for the Money
By Dan79

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been absolutely great for me, I bought it in ’98 with 20K and now it has over 160K. Thank God this car has practically never given me trouble, the only thing I remember changing was the AC compressor. The car doesn’t have great pick-up but what can you expect from a 4-cyln, but it flies I do 70-80 mph with no problem and no shaking. Its starting to show its age now, but I can't complain considering how it has performed till now. I don't know if I was bless, cause I've seen some pretty sh*tty reviews here and on Consumer Reports, but I'm extreamly happy with it.

Favorite Features

Sunroof is nice, but opens way too slow.

Suggested Improvements

It was / is my first car, I don't like the present style, doesn't matter its discontinued

crap
By bad choice

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is crappy. Not only is it ugly,it's crap!!! i hate my cavalier, i have spent 19,600 something, repairing it so far, yes, nearly 20 grand of repairs for this 15 grand car. WHYdo u ask,well i don't know, BUT CAVALIERS ARE THE WORST CARS EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

NONE< ITS CRAP

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!!!!!