1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Trouble
By colorsendinink on 09/08/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

i just bought this car with 71,000 miles and it's already giving me problems. i took it back to the dealer 3 times to get it repaired because it overheats all the time. the car has no power whatsoever. one good thing about it is the gas mileage, thats awesome because i have a long commute to school every day.

Wicked car - Cavalier 1996
By Kiprotich Arap-Ruto on 11/14/07 07:43 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I looked at a number of cars before buying my Cavalier 1996. Its price was great and condition pretty good. It drives very well. I had to replace the gas tank (got a used one for a good price and free labor). Overall a very good car.

Good Transportation
By DK on 07/26/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Perfect choice for someone looking for a small car, basic transportation. Decent sound, great on gas, decent room for a small car. Reliable as all outdoors, I loved it.

Great car for the Money
By Dan79 on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been absolutely great for me, I bought it in ’98 with 20K and now it has over 160K. Thank God this car has practically never given me trouble, the only thing I remember changing was the AC compressor. The car doesn’t have great pick-up but what can you expect from a 4-cyln, but it flies I do 70-80 mph with no problem and no shaking. Its starting to show its age now, but I can't complain considering how it has performed till now. I don't know if I was bless, cause I've seen some pretty sh*tty reviews here and on Consumer Reports, but I'm extreamly happy with it.

crap
By bad choice on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is crappy. Not only is it ugly,it's crap!!! i hate my cavalier, i have spent 19,600 something, repairing it so far, yes, nearly 20 grand of repairs for this 15 grand car. WHYdo u ask,well i don't know, BUT CAVALIERS ARE THE WORST CARS EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Best Car I have owned
By shadow822 on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been very pleased with it. Love the 2.4L engine. I am 5'9" and the driver's seat is fine for me. Gas mileage is about 21 mpg in town. I have looked at the new Chevrolets and the seats seem very hard and uncomfortable to me. The maintenance on this car has been very little. The main reason I would not buy another is the seating and they no longer offer the 2.4L engine.

Not a bad small car
By cavowner on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

bought this car about 5 years ago. it had 60,000 miles on it. When I traded it in for a larger vehicle it had a whopping 122000 miles. the only things I had to fix on the car were maintenance items such as tires, brakes, alignment, and muffler. I really have nothing BAD to say about the vehicle. I had to trade up to a larger vehicle and had to say goodbye to the cav.

Reliable car
By Donald stavish on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have had no costly repairs to talk about

IT'S REALLY AN O.K. CAR
By MICHELLE HAPPY on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I HAVE GOTTEN USE TO V-6,AUTOMATIC ENGINES,BUT FOR A 4 CYL.-IT REALLY RUNS SMOOTH. ONCE YOU START MOVING, IT'S VERY QUIET AND EXTREMELY FUEL EFFECIENT AND I ONLY PAID $1500 FOR IT.

Who would have believed it?
By kmay on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1996 LS with 26k miles on it in September 1997. What a pleasant surprise this car has turned out to be! Still rolling at 126,800 miles. I get 35 mpg on long highway trips, 24 in the city. No special work - except a new alternator and starter last year. The oil light has been on for 2.5 years, but 6 different mechanics have said there is no leak - it's just the sensor. Paint has held up - no chips, no dents.