2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best car I ever had
By jeffrey on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a contractor and use this car / truck in my work. I convert it from SUV to truck 1 to 3 times per week. It literally is like having two vehicles.

Avalanche Review (Big red beast)
By jsellers on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Poor rearview.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By corngator on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned forty new vehicles in the last thirty-seven years and this one has the power, 8.1 (496) engine with 37.5 gas tank and 3.73 rear end to give me about fifteen MPG. Since 1976 when they made cars smaller and I am a large person, the Avalanche has the right fit and ride.

Love My Avalanche
By Boate8 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 2002 Pewter Z-66, 5.3 engine. I jsut came back from a drive from New Mexico to Florida, the round trip logged nearly 4000 miles. It was the most enjoyable long drive I have had in years. My wife and I were able to knock down 1100 miles the first day. The roomy interior allowed for one us sleep comfortably while the other drove. Gas milage avgerage was 17.6 we stayed withing 5mph of the speed limit. We also had very strong cross/head winds. The Avalanche was very stable and comfortable in those conditions. Ray

My Review
By Jeff Notter on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my Avalanche

What a 'change'!
By Kr00g on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I researched this vehicle for over a month and decided it would fit the bill for what I wanted. It replaces my 93 SSEi and the last truck I had owned was a 85 Blazer. I needed a truck, a car my elderly folks could ride in (and get in and out of), and something reliable to get me to work in Iowa. This truck meets all those requirements and then some.

Z-71
By scoti on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a blast to drive, it doesn't feel as large as it is. A great head-turner, about like new beetles were in '98. Get used to hearing "change for a dollar"

"Flash" Your Friends
By CaptainGary on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I agree with the guy who thinks the price should be raised so as to maintain an "air" of exclusivity. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned, period. For some reason, I got her for $9850 below sticker. I guess Chevy is trying to put every other truck manufacturer out of business. I got the Z-71, leather, sunroof combination and it turns heads everyday inside and out! She can handle off-roading too. The Z-71 package is a steal. Make sure to add the 4:10's. GM can finally say it again: "MARK OF EXCELLENCE!"

Love this truck!
By TomK on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very fun truck. VERY practical truck. My wife drives it all over town haulling kids during the week. And on the weekend I drive it hauling concrete block and wallboard!!!

Love this truck!
By tomk on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)