My first Cadillac
By powerline87 on
2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This is my first Cadillac and my first car that was over $1000. Value: I got my car 3-4 years old, because the price drops by $20-25k by then. Performance: 302hp 3.6L DI V6. 52/48 weight dist. AWD. Dual-Wishbone front suspension - It handles better than most smaller cars I've driven, and even handles about as well as the CTS, despite being bigger and more comfortable. Comfort: I have driven a Lincoln MKZ, a Cadillac CTS and SRX, and a Lexus ES 350, and the STS is the most comfortable out of all of them. It is roomier and its seats just feel more comfortable. Summary: A used 2008-2011 Cadillac STS has a better balance between luxury and performance than any other car in my price range.
Favorite Features
-Key-less Entry/Remote Start. -The luxury of being able to quickly match the speed of traffic while pulling onto a highway from an on-ramp. - All Wheel Drive. It handles well and is easy to drive in rain and snow. Make sure you buy good all-season tires, as they're the only part of the car that touches the road. - Touchscreen Navigation screen. 6-CD changer on the dashboard. - Traction control easy to turn on/off quickly. - 15 Speaker Bose Surround sound - sounds like the band playing the music is in the car with me (from XM satellite and CD's, not necessarily FM radio). - Heated and Cooled front seats (real leather gets warm). Heated rear seats. Heated steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
I wish it had the hard drive for its radio, like the CTS does. I am I usually have traction control OFF when it is nice weather outside, because it comes on too much to be helpful in summer. In winter or during rainstorms it is helpful, but not when it's nice weather, in my experience. Everyone has their own preferences, though. It's a little expensive to fix/maintain. I bought mine Certified Used, so some things are still under warranty, but this car costs over twice as much to fix as many other GM cars, due to high tech/luxury features. Cadillac got rid of the STS in 2011. I hope they realize that their best car was the STS and make a new flagship performance luxury car soon.