2008 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Stick with a luxury import
By GM Never Again on 08/04/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is fun to drive and is great when its not in the repair shop. I have had my STS in service 2 times in the last three months (BRAND NEW) for different problems. GM and Cadillac treat you like you bought a Chevy.You pay a high end price and get low end service. To sum it up, they suck and I will never buy a GM product again. High end imports are more reliable and give much better customer service.

From 2 BMW to Cadillac...
By Eric on 07/29/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 BMW,I just bought my first caddy at 36 yrs old.I was just tired seeing BMW,G35,NEW C-class even the new CTS every corner. So I found a great STS. It's very comfy very luxurious and the space inside. The nav with the 15 speakers from Bose? Oh la la. Its the best oem sound system I've ever heard, by the way I am a musician. Of course the mileage is so so I bought the v8. Funny that the hid light are not std for that car. Overall its a good value when reduce cause I wouldn't buy at full retail. I love everything about the car but its not BMW handling and driving experience. When you think about it who care were not formula 1 driver, right? Cadillac: the ultimate luxury experience? I guess

The best value for your money!
By Tony on 07/20/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had S-class Mercedes and BMW 7 several times before. I changed my S500 and I'm glad I did. Those fancy Germans are just not worth the money when it comes to compare.

Driving the 2008 STS
By Samlh on 06/21/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the V8 style, because adaptive speed control was not available on the V6. I traded in my 2005 STS, and got a great deal on the purchase. To this point, I am very pleased with the car, although gas mileage has not been good. Hopefully, it will get batter as I put more miles on the car. Although my 2008 is still very new,I believe it is a big improvement over the 2005. The car looks and rides better. I believe I made a good decision in purchasing the 2008 STS.

Best luxury sports sedan
By Charlie Higgins on 05/26/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since January my wife and I have driven this vehicle daily. At 250 miles we took off to Florida from Ohio and averaged 24 mpg at 68 mph. Many times I took it above 75. The six speed transmission feels almost continuously variable. We purchased the navigation option along with the luxury interior package and AWD. I agree 18" wheels would have been nice but the HD brakes are not compatible with this larger wheel. The car performance is smooth and controllable compared to the BMW 535 and the Mercedes E Series. We test drove the CTS and agree with other reviewer that there is no comparison . Quality is unassailable and with 5500 miles ytd we would purchase all over again.

I Love My Boomer Sooner Red STS!
By OKrahoma on 05/18/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac, & I love it! Everywhere I go, people tell me it is a beautiful car. I love the red of this car, & I love all of the chrome. We took it on a 2500 mile trip two months after buying it, & had a wonderful drive. We did have a problem when pulling over on the highway to change drivers. A rain- filled pot-hole crumpled the front end, not noticeable on the outside. A simple call to OnStar led us to the nearest dealer. The only option we did not get was the navigation system, & I'm fine with that! My husband had wanted a Chrysler 300, & I sold him on this, & so far, he's happy with the car, & me! I love that smiling front end! (On the car!)

STS not so good
By David Lovitt on 04/19/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car has been into shop twice with less than 400 miles on the odometer. Today it completely died after refusing to shift into any gear higher than second. Problems with stability control and antilock brake system at 200 miles. Also has some paint flaws that need to be addressed. I'm sorry I tried so hard to buy this vehicle.

Love this car!
By Mark on 04/18/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove a CTS first. It was just Ok. I then drove the STS and Wow. I was sold! Big difference. They want to sell you a CTS at sticker b/c they make more $ on them, but the STS is worth the extra money, it is much more car. Smooth, quiet, luxurious. This is quite simply a nicer car than the 5- series BMW and E-Class Mercedes without the price tag of the BMW or the poor quality of the Mercedes. I could not tell the difference in performance test driving the V-8 and V-6. The DI V6 feels like a V-8. This car simply babies you. Frustrating that you can't get AWD with all the toys in the V-6. I opted for all the toys on a RWD with the 18" chrome wheels package - Car looks awesome.

my turn
By jeff on 04/08/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. But difficult to get out of it. Doors seem a bit small. GPS advanced, difficult to learn. Dealer should specifically have someone to spend 30 to 45 minutes with you to review. Would make life easier first few days. Overall very happy and doing better on gas after 350 miles than I expected

Great Car
By onia on 04/05/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I am in full agreement with all preceding reviews. And I wonder why I haven't seen (in last eight months) any media promotion, a commercial or even a simple ad for this sophisticated competitor to the Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, and Benz types. Incidentally, there isn't even any dedicated 2008 STS Forum on Edmunds yet! The only three minuses on the car are the lack of space inside "for stuff" (where to put glasses?), small trunk and overcomplicated nav system, which is, in fact, inferior for instance to the 5-year older 2003 CTS system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.