Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Very nice
By very nice

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice car for the price. It is a large sedan and handles well for that category. Nice ride and features. Surprised that stabilitrak is not standard on the so called DHS. Plastic pieces seem rather cheaply manufactured. But overall still very much like this vehicle and would certainly buy again.

Northstar V8, memory seats and mirrors

Better quality manufacturing and more standard features

First DeVille
By Paul

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Cadillac. We purchased it as a certified pre-owned car at a reasonable price. The warranty and the car have more than exceeded our expectations.

We love the comfort, performance and XM radio. The ride is outstanding and the car is exceptionally quiet.

Heated seats should be standarded equipment in a car like this.

Eighth Cadillac for an Old Fan
By rixrox

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Cadillac number eight is a pearl white STD edition. It is simply elegant and has ample horsepower. It is a great snow car and it is a nice trip for my ego. I never feel bad in my DeVille. What a wonderful American dream car! It's my love affair and it's be going on for awhile. I really never get tired of owning Cadillacs. Test drive a few of them to find the one that calls your name!

I love the Bose stereo, the back up beeper is a hoot, the dual climate controls are neat, and the 4.6 Liter NorthStar engine screams.

The power lumbar feature could be better and the seats could be softer and more plush.

if i could do it again
By frank

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a comfortable car as I travel extensively. When I first sat in my DeVille I thought " this is the car". After a short test drive I purchased. Now that I have owned it for two weeks, I would give it back if I could. The front seat are totally uncomfortable. No matter how I set my power seats, I cannot get past the lack of back support. On the highway, I am continually making corrections to my steering due to "floating". I like the appearance, but there are better cars out there. I wish I had purchased the Avalon!

I like the looks. Great gas mileage for a car this size. I think I average about 24 MPG overall.

Make lumbar support a standard option. Any car selling at this price should have lumbar controls standard.

My DTS
By Richard Geiger

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

It's comfortable ride

The car emits a signal when a door is left ajar. I would like to have an automatic full closing feature added. BMW has this feature.