Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

First DeVille
By Paul

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Cadillac. We purchased it as a certified pre-owned car at a reasonable price. The warranty and the car have more than exceeded our expectations.

Favorite Features

We love the comfort, performance and XM radio. The ride is outstanding and the car is exceptionally quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats should be standarded equipment in a car like this.

Eighth Cadillac for an Old Fan
By rixrox

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Cadillac number eight is a pearl white STD edition. It is simply elegant and has ample horsepower. It is a great snow car and it is a nice trip for my ego. I never feel bad in my DeVille. What a wonderful American dream car! It's my love affair and it's be going on for awhile. I really never get tired of owning Cadillacs. Test drive a few of them to find the one that calls your name!

Favorite Features

I love the Bose stereo, the back up beeper is a hoot, the dual climate controls are neat, and the 4.6 Liter NorthStar engine screams.

Suggested Improvements

The power lumbar feature could be better and the seats could be softer and more plush.

if i could do it again
By frank

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a comfortable car as I travel extensively. When I first sat in my DeVille I thought " this is the car". After a short test drive I purchased. Now that I have owned it for two weeks, I would give it back if I could. The front seat are totally uncomfortable. No matter how I set my power seats, I cannot get past the lack of back support. On the highway, I am continually making corrections to my steering due to "floating". I like the appearance, but there are better cars out there. I wish I had purchased the Avalon!

Favorite Features

I like the looks. Great gas mileage for a car this size. I think I average about 24 MPG overall.

Suggested Improvements

Make lumbar support a standard option. Any car selling at this price should have lumbar controls standard.

My DTS
By Richard Geiger

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

Favorite Features

It's comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

The car emits a signal when a door is left ajar. I would like to have an automatic full closing feature added. BMW has this feature.

DeVille DTS
By Carleen

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Favorite Features

Handling, very responsive. OnStar. Folding, side view mirrors. Bose sound system. 6 disc CD changer. Front and rear side air bags. Stabilitrak. Regular gas! Telescoping steering wheel. Ultrasonic rear parking assist.

Suggested Improvements

Don't remove the compass from the rear view mirror, just because of the Navigation System! Have to pull off the road and turn engine off to use Navigation System! Eliminate sun roofs in snow country. No one uses them. A potential hazard in a rollover!