Used 2005 Buick Terraza Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Pros and Cons to the Terraza
By Stephen Shorter

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza rides great, has very comfortable seats, and drives very well. However, the driver's side sliding door rattles even after three attempts to the dealer to fix it. I have found the carpeting to be subpar for a Buick. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to clean. I recommend Scotchgarding the carpet on day one. We owned two Chrysler Town and Country vans prior to the Buick. I must say the Chryslers were superior to the Buick, although the Buick rides better and has more comfortable seats. In summary - some aspects of the Terraza we really like and some we don't.

Ride, comfort of seats, great freeway cruiser.

Sliding doors need to be redesigned as they rattle and we have had both sides in to the dealershiop for repair.

Do not buy a Buick Terraza
By Lisa

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has so many problems, we've had it in numerous times for the radio(4 times), the doors( could not get out of car, could not get in car you name it), noise coming from the front, lights flickering, door handles falling off, hatch falling on sons head, abs lights, traction control lights come on saying not working, but dealer can find nothing wrong. Do not buy this van.

Look

Recall all Terrazas under lemon law

2005 Buick Terraza
By Shannon

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had our Terraza for a couple of weeks so far, and we bought it NEW (though it is a 2005) off of the showroom floor with 51 miles on it. We have been really happy with it so far. As far as vans go, it's easy to drive and very comfortable for our family. We really enjoy the extras that came with it. DVD system, XM radio, dual climate controls, back-up assist, OnStar, security system, and the very beautiful and classy interior. It's obvious that our boys love both power side doors and the IR headphones. There is just as much (or more) leg room in the second and third row seats as there is in my parents brand new 2007 Yukon Denali and more storage space than their Yukon!

All the extras: entertainment system, XM radio, OnStar, Back-up Assist, Overhead rail bin system, cool "nose job" that makes it SUV looking with van side door ease, plenty of storage space with all three rows of seats, the ability to turn the middle row seats backward, dual climate and rear controls

Perhaps somehow better view out the back window while backing up. The seat backs (though very classy looking) are high enough that it's more difficult to see out the rear window. I'm learning to rely more on my side mirrors for most backing. Maybe more middle isle walk room or better folding seat

This van works!
By RC

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van works. Buick gives you lots of extras as standard items that you would have to pay more for on the imports. Donít believe consumer reports on the ride quality and noise of the engine, they tested the Saturn version only, not the Buick! Buick differs from the other GM siblings with an independent rear suspension and also quiet tuning and a more refined 3.5L engine. This van is as plush as a Lexus. My wife and I drove 12 hrs in the Van from Oregon to California with a 12 yr old, 8 yr old, new born, mother-in-law and dog in comfort. The kids put the DVD on with headphones and all was quiet. Got to San Jose in great shape!! The Van passed with flying colors.

Brakes are unbelievable on this Van. Buickís Quiet- Tuning! This van is so smooth and quiet. Handling and responsiveness is much better than expected with the 3.5L. The independent rear axel works, taking bumps in stride and keeping you in control. Comfort is awesome too!

Seats are a little heavy. Make it easier to pull rear seats back up once from flat position. Also add a power lift gate.

Love the Terraza!!
By Paul McCauley

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have recently purchased this van and my wife and I LOVE IT!! I am very confused with the reviews concerning the van not having enough power and wonder what some people expect. We have driven the van in a mountainous area and never felt the power was inadequate, but then again I did not expect a sports car to haul my family around in. The interior is well laid and loaded with bells and whistles (most of which are easy to understand). This van rides very nice and has performed wonderfully on several long distance trips. We have averaged 25 mpg on the highway and are ecstatic with these numbers. So far after 8K miles we are very pleased and would highly recommend the Terraza to others.

Hard to say as there are so many, but I would have to say On-star is the best and provides the security you can't find outside of GM. I am also fond of the load leveling suspension which seems to improve drivability when we are carrying 7 adults. Lastly, the entertainment system is a must with kids.

A powered rear hatch would be nice and why not some fog lights? Also allow the driver to adjust the temp for rear heat/air, my kids can't reach the controls to adjust the temp and that can be a pain. Lastly how about a few more gauges in the dash...I like to monitor gauges vs. the DIC.