2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Missing Park Avenues
By Olson on 02/29/08 21:57 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Lucerne is quiet, and comfortable. It's as good as any import in its class, probably better. I do miss the 30 MPG highway and 20 plus city I got with our Park Avenues with the 3.8 engine. The best so far is 27MPG freeway driving and 17 city with this CXL.

2008 Buick CXL
By joe168 on 02/11/08 19:44 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Buicks over the years. They have all been great cars, but this one may be the best. I love the looks, the smooth, quiet ride, and the quality finish. I have had the car for more than three months now and have driven almost 6,000 miles. I am still enjoying it.

Overly sensetive accelerator
By paul on 01/29/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since purchasing this vehicle and driving it 1500 miles the gas pedal drives me crazy. with the slighest touch the tack will jump 500 rpm and drop the same just from driving on a rough road. Cruise control on takes the problem away. dealer says buick has no fix and says it is caused by drive by wire system. I have two other cars with this system and they are OK. Rides rough on bumpy roads compared to Lexus ES330

New Lucerne Owner
By Alan on 01/05/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a big man (60" waist 32" inseam) so finding a vehicle that I fit in is the first step. I am quite comfortable with plenty of leg room, its a little squeeze in and out but I took it for a 300 mile drive and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the heated steering wheel and seats, and that was something that I really didn't want but to get the features I wanted they came on the car. The turning radius is not as tight as I would prefer. The blind side alert and lane alert work quite well. Those are two feature I wanted. The night driving is excellent, my old vehicle had too much reflection and glare. I hope to drive this for a long time, my first two tanks of gas are in the 20 mpg range.

2008 Lucerne
By Glenn T. on 01/02/08 19:15 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Buick because of the "quiet interior" advertising and ratings. Interior has an annoying rattle under the dash (started at 1400 miles). Dealer did not get it fixed when brought in for repair. "I think we fixed it, but if it still rattles, bring it back". I expected more from Buick. Every day I hear the rattle and I am dissipointed. If not for that, I would be very satisfied. The vehicle rides nice and handles well, and the price is reasonable for what you get.

Best Buick ever
By Gene Lander on 11/06/07 18:01 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick Lucerne CXL is the best Buick or car that we have ever had. The quality of the fit finish is outstanding. A super quite ride with none of the road noise gives you a refreshing finish after driving it daily or on a long trip. We have 9 vehicles one other 2007 and 5 restored colector cars that have all one best of show or people's choice.

Crystal Red Tintcoat
By Ron B on 10/29/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a Buick owner for years now and wanting something "different" I went to Nissan,Toyota and Honda . They were nice but I didn't like the idea of them saying "the cars sell good so we don't have to drop our prices " and another one said "Hay , try it if you want ,or don't , I don't care " made me realize I would try out a Buick again . I just drove it on small local trip, maybe 200 mile round trip and sure enjoy the comfort . The driving of this Cx model is a joy and I feel very safe with the options included. The V6 has enough power ,the gas mileage is great(27 mpg) and yes I have standard options on this that I would've had to pay thousands for on the "other" cars. this is an aswome car.

Best Buick Ever
By mm22 on 07/19/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great performence with the 4.6L NorthStar. The fully loaded CXS is a true luxury car for a cheap price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan in NJ is:

$183 per month*