Used 2008 Buick Lucerne CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

less then a 1 star
By marian newhouse

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

it is the worst car ever.

nice car
By lei

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

one year ago I bought a used 2008 Lucerne and was so pleased with it, It's ubiquitous 3.8 litre engine provides all the power one could want unless they are a "drag racer" and the car handles beautifully. I have always gotten 30-35 MPG at the 55-65 miles per hour on the high way and 20-24 mpg in local driving which amazes me in so big a car.then the Lucerne is the most satisfactory one I have ever owned.

Disenchanted owner
By Gary R.

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a review on this car (2008 Lucerne CX)in May of 2009 and here is an update. With the help of an Attorney, a Lemon Law Lawsuit was filed (June 2009) against Buick division regarding possible mechanical failure.(Steering rack/transmission/power steering unit) GM responded "You claim does not cover apperance issues, therefore your claim is denied. Appearance issues? Where did that come from? In addition, shortly after filing the lawsuit, GM filed bankruptcy and guess where that left me. NEVER AGAIN will I by GM junk. They lost a faithful customer who bought many of their cars/trucks over 35 years.

I can say the ride/comfort level in this car is good. Highway mileage is surprisingly good too (25-28 mpg.)

Speedometer/fuel cluster hard to see in certain levels of daylight. Needs 60/40 fold down rear seats. Rear pillar blind spot.

Nice car but annoying rattle in front
By Gary R.

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought as a replacement as I wrecked my 07' saturn vue. 08' Lucerne CX was a dealer demo with approx. 2,400 miles on it. Started to hear a rattle/buzzing noise within the first month coming from the front end area. Brake lights stayed on until I went to the dealer for the repair. Dealer replaced a fuel line problem as there was a GM bulletin on that. To date, I have had the car in 5 times for the rattle and still rattles/buzzes. I'm "disenchanted" with this Buick. I'm going to try the rattle repair one more time.....then I'll contact GM personally. (They probably won't care/ or respond) Dealer has been sympathetic to my issue anyway. I'm going to buy Honda next time.

Ride is fantastic/smooth. V-6 has enough get-go for me. Good in the snow last winter.

Build a car that does not rattle.

Great car with extraordinary comfort
By Ken

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is just a few weeks old, but has everything I wanted in a new car. The ride is unmatched. I tested a Ford Fusion because they said it drove as nice as a Buick. They were wrong. The Lucerne glides across rough road. It has plenty of pickup. The controls are well positioned for easy access. Plenty of leg room for stretching out. The 2008 version does not have bluetooth phone, and that I miss. I understand that 2009 does have that. The fan has plenty of power to cool or heat. I do wish that it had more power connections for things like iPods. The dash is a little hard to see in the daylight. Auto headlights is great. On Star is just amazing. Just a great car.

Comfortable ride, On Star, Auto headlights on, Aux cable connect, leg room, large trunk.

6 speed automatic, more power sources, voice controlled radio, CD and Aux devices, bluetooth, auto balance of stereo speakers, iPhone remote start of vehicle and setting of heating/cooling temp, On star to display the destination arrival time. I miss that from my Garmin GPS.