1996 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

1996 LeSabre Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Sort Reviews by

Immortal engine
By jjtoob

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought mine from a friend when it had 180k miles, but sadly, it already had a lot of wear, so I can't be sure, but I think it was just driven really hard. I've had to replace many parts, including the radiator and transmission, but the engine just keeps on going. Unfortunately, it still has a few different leak problems that I don't feel like spending money to fix, so I'm driving it to the ground and getting another car.

Favorite Features

It is comfortable, although unfortunately, my driver seat was warped. I don't know, the previous owner was very tall, not fat, but still heavy, so I sat with my right shoulder slightly behind my left shoulder like a gangster lol. I also liked the center console because I got used to resting my right arm on it, too bad that broke too and I had to remove it. I also liked that when it was installed, I could easily move it out of the way, so I could easily slide over to the passenger side and make out with my girlfriend haha.

Suggested Improvements

I think some of this has been already improved in some newer models, but I don't like the extended section on the driver seat because I can't put a regular seat cover on it, it has to be custom-made. I hope newer models don't have an engine mount in the way of replacing the serpentine belt, it makes such a routine job unnecessarily difficult. The power steering fluid cap is hard to reach/see, some models did have it extended upwards, but not mine. I hope any new models don't have that problem.

Iron out -problems took five years
By D.G.

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

After 105000 miles, we have solved most of the problems with our 96 Buick. The worst problem has been the suspension in the rear. The ride in the front seat is fine. But the rear seat bottoms out and is a very rough ride over the least little bump. I returned the car to the dealer with no solutions for the rear suspension. We also had to replace all the tires three times within five years because of the suspension. We were finally told to have the tires rotated every 6000 miles( by a tire dealer) to solve this problem. Also problems with the engine light.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage on Highway, 28 to 30 miles average.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be higher off the ground. Have to crawl in and out of car. Rear suspension needs big improvements.

Decent Practical Car
By Maxine

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Mine has 110000 miles,Traction control,GT Package,Which handles excellent.

Favorite Features

Oil change reminder & Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Seat headrest should/could be alot better!

LaSabre Lover
By Jim O'Brien

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I have 105,000 on my Buick now and wouldn't trade it for anything else. It's everything I want in an automobile.

Favorite Features

Wonderful paint job. Comfortable seating. More than adequate acceleration. 26 mpg on the highway @ 75mph