2012 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
front doors holding water
By tooshort on 09/05/14 07:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i have had this car scene 10/12, i have had the issue of the front door holding water in the seals that go around the door, the doors will hold the water until you open the doors, after it rains and you open the doors, check the seals and have water inside the seals. as of today, the dealer and the factory has told me that this is normal ( i call ???? on this ) We are in the process of have GM buy the car back. So if you have a Lacrosse, check you front doors.

Sadly, the worst car I've ever had.
By mama14075 on 06/13/14 10:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

To start is the poor visibility. You don't get all of the pros and cons on a test drive...The front passenger view is blocked by the frame and outside mirror...it is horrifying on the incidences we've encountered...thankfully managed to avoid an accident, but you c a n n o t see a person or vehicle approach on your right... The ad showing Shaq sitting comfortably is a joke..Why can't GM be honest? Had a 2009 Buick Lucerne...it was the best vehicle...so sorry I traded it in...whomever purchased got a prize...why did GM stop building them?

Bad car in many ways!
By joey2410 on 05/20/14 14:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought this car new back in November of 2012, the first thing I noticed like many other owners is that the front is to low I have had to file insurance claims numerous times to have the front fixed after hitting parking lot blocks or going up a high driveway, also the car started having problems running right and idling problems, check engine light came on took to dealer and all I could get from them that they saw in the system where check engine light came on but had no clue why it came on and all they could say was there was nothing they could do cause they could not reproduce the problem, to this day still having lots of problems with car running right and now makes noises.

Trunk Release
By blueridgebest on 04/08/13 16:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm generally happy with the LaCrosse but there is one major annoyance, there is no trunk release inside the car. Yes, you can open the trunk with the remote but this is not always convenient i.e., if I'm in the garage and my keys are in the house (not close by). Why would GM exclude the inside the vehicle trunk release - really bad decision.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333 on 03/19/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2 on 02/19/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value. The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised. Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire. How does a $30k car not have a spare tire? GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers. I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me? This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt. I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Had Enough!
By onedognight on 12/31/12 18:06 PM (PST)

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!

Can't honestly recommend this car
By gerin1 on 08/14/12 09:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although it rides nice and is a beautiful car, I had several people ask if I would recommend it and my answer is NO I have the Blind Alert Package, but it still is not enough when you are pulling out onto a hwy and I also had a person standing on a curb where it was really hard to see him because he was right where the thick post was. To me that post is a serious problem Then there is 1st gear....you got to be kidding me the car hardly moves surely can't pull out on the hwy fast

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio on 05/03/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Nicest Ride Around for the $$$
By koonzee on 05/02/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride & seats. Plenty of rear seat room. Quiet. Great sound system. All Wheel Drive handles well in snow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick LaCrosse in VA is:

$125 per month*