2012 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Trunk Release
By blueridgebest on 04/08/13 16:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium III Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm generally happy with the LaCrosse but there is one major annoyance, there is no trunk release inside the car. Yes, you can open the trunk with the remote but this is not always convenient i.e., if I'm in the garage and my keys are in the house (not close by). Why would GM exclude the inside the vehicle trunk release - really bad decision.

Roof Leak & Rust
By elleleblanc333 on 03/19/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2012 Buick Lacross (V6, Premium Pkg) in September 2012, the sunroof was draining inside the backseat floor took it to the dealer and "fixed", got some rain and sunroof was leaking again same place, taken again and "fixed", this time it was fixed right and came faulty from the Manufacturer because apparently there was a seal missing from the rear window..fixed. From the start there was rust on the bumper and trunk of the car, they "fixed" it at time of sale, day after sale and day after after sale, the rust keeps coming back and this makes 5 times the dealer "fixes" the rust issue, a new car as expensive as this should not have rust.

Think Twice
By buckeyebob2 on 02/19/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are like me, the car looks appealing, gets good mileage for it's size and seems to be a good value. The ride is nice, the power is a sacrifice for the mileage....but I'm only getting 31 mpg....not the 36 advertised. Finally the straw that caused me to write this review......the spare tire. How does a $30k car not have a spare tire? GM is cutting corners at the expense of it's customers. I called to order a spare and the retail cost for the tire kit $550...are you kidding me? This is not acceptable and will ultimatley come to bite GM is the butt. I will never buy another GM car because of this one experience and I'll tell everyone I know...GM is all about $$$, not loyalty.

Had Enough!
By onedognight on 12/31/12 18:06 PM (PST)

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!

Can't honestly recommend this car
By gerin1 on 08/14/12 09:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although it rides nice and is a beautiful car, I had several people ask if I would recommend it and my answer is NO I have the Blind Alert Package, but it still is not enough when you are pulling out onto a hwy and I also had a person standing on a curb where it was really hard to see him because he was right where the thick post was. To me that post is a serious problem Then there is 1st gear....you got to be kidding me the car hardly moves surely can't pull out on the hwy fast

Beautiful car, but....
By cherio on 05/03/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the color, love the look, the interior is pretty. Looks, that is about all this car has. I also own a 2006 Lacrosse. This 2012 doesn't come close. It doesn't shift very smoothly. The ride is ok, but it is loud. It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. It is comfortable, but the seats are narrow. A car seat or booster seat in the back doesn't fit well. It sits on top of the seatbelt button. I don't like the shift and the arm rest is akward with the gearshift so far back. The door locks, park break are in the center, no trunk button. Probably won't keep this one.

Nicest Ride Around for the $$$
By koonzee on 05/02/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable ride & seats. Plenty of rear seat room. Quiet. Great sound system. All Wheel Drive handles well in snow.

Having Second Thoughts
By onedognight on 04/21/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.

Horns honks
By k5qm on 03/24/12 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car in all areas except one problem. When i unlock and get in the car and close the door sometimes the horn will honk 4 times rapidly. Dealer can't find it. I suspect it is a malfunction in thee electrical feed back circuit. Very agrivating, never know when it will honk.

Unimpressed
By ccc777 on 03/05/12 06:03 AM (PST)

2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car twelve days ago thinking I would be pleased and I am getting more and more unimpressed with this car. (1) Poor visibility out the front window due to large window pillars. (2) Door locks only on center console. (3)No trunk open/unlock from inside the car. (4) Lumbar control is not working to get to a comfortable position. (5) Headrest points a little bit too far forward. (6) Center console buttons are too busy and don't really make too much sense. (7) Leather, really? Where and what kind? A bit on the cheap side if it is real. (8) No locking gas door or cap. (9) Feel ever bump. (10) And finally, feel like I overpaid....is it really worth the sticker of $40,300. I think not!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick LaCrosse in WA is:

$156 per month*