2008 Buick LaCrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
Great Car
By Eric on 03/28/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is now two years old, 36,000 miles and no problems. Just finally took it back to the dealer for the first time to have the breaks checked, need new pads on the front. I do have the oil changed about every 8,000 files. Best car I've ever owned for quality and reliability. Not happy to see the 2010 model has the gas on the passenger side yuck. I think I'll keep my 2008 for a while.

2nd One Owned
By Happy Buick on 02/15/09 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought CXL last Jan. so after a year and about 6,000 miles, it is still a good car. Bought a new CXS in 2005 and liked it so much, bought another one this past year. On the strength side, I like the exterior and interior (dash) looks and its nice ride for these old bones. On the negative side, the gas mileage is putrid at about 17 in town and 25 on the highway. Liked the Lucerne but felt it was too big.

Using Oil
By Senior Driver on 12/11/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, except it uses oil. First 3000 miles, used two extra quarts, dealer says drive it and it will get better. Second 3500 miles, used one and a half extra quarts of oil. I quess this is better, but I don't think good. Dealer says keep watching it and one quart in 3000 miles is acceptable. Maybe to him but not to me. I ask that it be recorded on my record. Hope they did it. If it doesn't improve, I going to try going to Buick.

Great Car on Base Price
By Tammy on 11/07/08 07:45 AM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 LaCrosse in April, 2008, have 20,000 on it already and love it! Got the base model, but it's a Buick! So it has all the creature comforts--power windows, door locks, and driver seat; cruise, tilt--and great gas mileage. Good git-up-and-go and plenty of room inside. Nice sized steering wheel for a womans hands. Only knock is the trunk is a little narrow to get a large suitcase into and out of easily, but I love the trunk release design! Overall, a great vehicle for the money.

Got A Lemon Too!
By Super Unhappy on 09/10/08 00:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We live 75 miles from the dealer, bought a 2008 la cross new. After 4 trips back to fix all the scratches, 5 trips back and forth for the vibration & also a set of new tires, we still have the vibration!They are telling me that it is the road surface and not the car, we are disappointed & I will turn it in as a lemon as it is!What a disgrace to the name of Buick, just read another unhappy person's review with the vibration problem in here too, need to take some action, what is going on? why do they blame the roads for a vibration in the car, it will be a Toyota for us, and that is to sad.

Got a Lemon
By Not Happy on 06/24/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Buick brand new with 1 mile on the odometer. When we test drove it. It had a vibration .The dealer said it was a tire out of balance and would be no problem to fix. We have had this car for 10 weeks now and have only drove it 10 days out of the 10 weeks now. This is the 4th time in the shop. It has been in the shop for the last 5 weeks now. This car has had the front end realined,the front axles changed, 2 sets of tires. If this is GMC best thin I will have to buy a import the next time. And one thing to add, it leaked on the passager side when it rained. We called GMC to complain and asked for a new car.

2008 Buick LaCrossse
By chinosteve on 06/13/08 22:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Buicks for ten years (2000 Lucerne and current 2006 Lucerne CXL). Buicks have beed a preferred car in my family since 1935. The 2008 LaCrosse lives up to Buick's reputation for excellence in interior and exterior design. Handling is responsive (I have the optional ESC); performance is adequate; and interior road noise is minimal even at freeway speeds. Fit and finish is outstanding.

How could we be more happy!
By Beverly Brown on 04/05/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our car, in Flint, Michigan, left for our winter home in Arizona, and what a ride! We had forgotten how wonderful it is to drive and ride in a Buick. We took it in and got it all "gussied, " up and wow is it cute! It is not only pretty it is sharp! Added a sharp spoiler and now it's even more sharp. I get a kick out of tTger's commercial, "a Buick was always a car for my parents age." Well that fits us but this Buick of ours is not 1970! It is a ride that has no competition, and the 2008 we purchased, more than surpasses any other car on the road.

Just a great automobile!
By DanandBobbi on 03/07/08 22:20 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this car, our second car is also a Buick with the 3800 V6. We now draw straws to see who gets to drive the LaCross. The car has better response than our other Buick and handles much better. The trim and design are second to none. We looked at a Honda and were undecided until we drove both. No question the Buick is a better ride and feel. The mpg is excellent on the highway, 27.5mpg, not as good in town though. Worth a look and even more worth a test drive.

Luxurious
By stockee on 03/07/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very luxurious. From its smooth as butter ride, to its whisper quiet and powerful engine. Love the bench seat and useful column gearshift uses less space. Everything looks, feels, and sounds solid. From the solid slam of the door and feel of the column gearshift sliding through each gear. Love the midnight blue and soft beige leather

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.