Used 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Driving The Good Life
By Dean

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I feel my Z4 sometimes anticipates what I'm thinking. The power is there, the steering is true and the Z4 knows how to use it. When I get crazy and take a turn too fast it keeps me glued to the road. I know the longest way to any place in town and frequently hit the freeway & drive 20 miles for a cup of coffee. 70 degrees and the top comes down the music goes up. You'll know me when I pass, I'm the one with the big grin on my face. I've owned a Corvette and a porsche, honestly they don't compare.This auto never breaks down! Drive one, you'll see.

Favorite Features

Power, body style, power, stereo system, Did I mention power?

Suggested Improvements

You seem to be doing it right

Let it ride
By Stewart Brenner

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

At 73 years of age, I'm enjoying the out doors more and more. Fun to drive and be looked at. Car moves out quickly, and handles easily. A smoother ride than you would think from a car that's low to the ground.

Favorite Features

Style, ease of handling,

Suggested Improvements

Haven't found any yet.

More than I expected!!!
By Ab

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my Z4 for my 28th birthday (16255 miles in excellent condition from one owner!) and I am very impressed. This is my third BMW (currently own 06 330i and previously owned 03 325i) and with out fail it drives to my expectations. This car has every option except NAV and AT. Good acceleration (sport mode) and remarkably quiet. My wife was very impressed after the test drive and we got it! The car makes a better impression in person, than through pics. Interior is nice with remarkably good space, especially the trunk. Now we have to wait for the spring (live in MD) to truly enjoy it, but that doesn’t prevent us from driving it on the weekends!

Favorite Features

Sport package (especially the sport mode, why turn it off?), xenon lights, power soft top, premium sound, red heat seats, exterior and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

My cupholders rattle when they are inside the dashboard, other than that, no complaints for now. BMW should have made the 2.5 a six speed as standard option. When cruising on the highway its doing about 4000 rpms (85 mph), which I think is extremely high. Shifting is not as smooth as my 06 330i.

Z4 2.5 roadster experience
By mpbeaulieu

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned two 03 2.5 Z4s. One manual and one with automatic. Both have been excellent road cars and just a thrill in the hills. Change to the automatic was for the wife's desire. The automatic with the sequential manual shift works well and in general the automatic is easier in busy traffic. Both vehicles have been outstanding from a maintenance standpoint which includes excellent support from the dealer. While I would agree that the 3.0 would provide some extra horsepower, once you get the 2.5 rolling it delivers pretty well. Gas mileage (though not a concern) has been satisfactory electric top works great and once seated is quite comfortable. Only gripe is low top when getting in

Favorite Features

Automatic top, sequential manual and great handling.

Suggested Improvements

A little more headroom when getting in and out when top is up. About an inch would do it.

BMW Z4
By Joyce

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car - the seats hug you and there is great back support. We have taken some cross-country trips in the Z4 and its been comfortable and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The seats, the sound system, the convertible top and the "sport" button that lowers the car 6 inches while you are driving for more of a sports car feel.

Suggested Improvements

cup holder placement is pretty bad.