Used 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

RESPECT
By EDWARD RAMIREZ

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

just bought this amazing roadster, let me tell you, if the car looks impressive in person that's nothing compared to the driving experience you get every single time you go out for a run! This control over pavement soars you above all drivers going or coming your way (no matter what their driving). I find myself not wanting to reach destinations so quick,so I take the longer routes to enjoy this magnificent piece of workmanship.I can only say to BMW: My respect to you.

When you want that extra push no matter what speed your going the 2003 BMW z4 2.5 roadster delivers!!

.........still thinking.........

Driving The Good Life
By Dean

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I feel my Z4 sometimes anticipates what I'm thinking. The power is there, the steering is true and the Z4 knows how to use it. When I get crazy and take a turn too fast it keeps me glued to the road. I know the longest way to any place in town and frequently hit the freeway & drive 20 miles for a cup of coffee. 70 degrees and the top comes down the music goes up. You'll know me when I pass, I'm the one with the big grin on my face. I've owned a Corvette and a porsche, honestly they don't compare.This auto never breaks down! Drive one, you'll see.

Power, body style, power, stereo system, Did I mention power?

You seem to be doing it right

Let it ride
By Stewart Brenner

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

At 73 years of age, I'm enjoying the out doors more and more. Fun to drive and be looked at. Car moves out quickly, and handles easily. A smoother ride than you would think from a car that's low to the ground.

Style, ease of handling,

Haven't found any yet.

More than I expected!!!
By Ab

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my Z4 for my 28th birthday (16255 miles in excellent condition from one owner!) and I am very impressed. This is my third BMW (currently own 06 330i and previously owned 03 325i) and with out fail it drives to my expectations. This car has every option except NAV and AT. Good acceleration (sport mode) and remarkably quiet. My wife was very impressed after the test drive and we got it! The car makes a better impression in person, than through pics. Interior is nice with remarkably good space, especially the trunk. Now we have to wait for the spring (live in MD) to truly enjoy it, but that doesnÂ’t prevent us from driving it on the weekends!

Sport package (especially the sport mode, why turn it off?), xenon lights, power soft top, premium sound, red heat seats, exterior and interior design.

My cupholders rattle when they are inside the dashboard, other than that, no complaints for now. BMW should have made the 2.5 a six speed as standard option. When cruising on the highway its doing about 4000 rpms (85 mph), which I think is extremely high. Shifting is not as smooth as my 06 330i.

Z4 2.5 roadster experience
By mpbeaulieu

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned two 03 2.5 Z4s. One manual and one with automatic. Both have been excellent road cars and just a thrill in the hills. Change to the automatic was for the wife's desire. The automatic with the sequential manual shift works well and in general the automatic is easier in busy traffic. Both vehicles have been outstanding from a maintenance standpoint which includes excellent support from the dealer. While I would agree that the 3.0 would provide some extra horsepower, once you get the 2.5 rolling it delivers pretty well. Gas mileage (though not a concern) has been satisfactory electric top works great and once seated is quite comfortable. Only gripe is low top when getting in

Automatic top, sequential manual and great handling.

A little more headroom when getting in and out when top is up. About an inch would do it.