Used 2003 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Limomin

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I originally wanted to get Nissan 350Z, but I'm glad i ended up with Z4. My first experience with BMW was more than pleasant. It handles very well, no wonder why people prefer the ultimate driving machine. My Z4 has Sports Package, that gives you very good handling. Do not underestimate the 2.5 liter engine, it will give you enough power. Without realizing, you are already going over 100mph

Favorite Features

Tight Suspension, Pleasant service visit, Onboard Computer system

Suggested Improvements

Break dust, Spare tire, make the car simple to play with (I had to study the entire manual to figure things out)

Z4 3.0 6spd.
By gregt

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The fun factor is a 10+. Very unique design all around which will get some raves as well as some critisism. I personally love it. Performance is very good. I would like to see a little more power. It handles excellent. The ride is a little bumpy but that's to be expected, especially with the run flat tires. Interior is roomy and comfortable. I'm 6'2" and I dont even have the seat all the way back. Interior design is very simple and the aluminum dash is very stylish. I would like to see an oil presure and altmeter guage though.

Favorite Features

Love the fully automatic top. No latches to mess with. The tilt+telescopic wheel is also nice. You can't get the tilt on the Boxster. The Carver stereo is better than you'd expect from a factory stereo. Lots of base and power.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see more power. Can you say M? Find a different place for the automatic door lock. It's under the parking brake. Also would like to see both windows with the automatic down feature. I know, I'm nit picking now.

Z4 Quality Mini vette
By Carlos Noguera

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After looking at z350, 230 slk, and the Z4, the BMW was the most fun balance car.Auomatic, Selecting a White with red seats (grey dash/carpets)Sports/Premium/Zenon/ Convie/and heated seats, the Z is FUN. Handles like a GO Kart. My every day car is a X5, also wonderful, but with the Z$ I feel like 20's again.

Favorite Features

Power top, RADIO ( like my kid BOOM box.) Power mode. I like the Looks.....

Suggested Improvements

Needs a light to show cruise control mode. That is IT...

Baddest Little thing on da road!!!
By lbarbeejr

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently had the opportunity to drive a z4 3.0 for a week this little thing is so responsive it almost feels a part of you...it corners like its on rails and the acceleration is AWESOME...either in auto or manual this little thing will gallop like nothing else....comfort was great, the GPS was awesome and stereo very impressive.Styling is unmatched!!! Very well built automobile!!!!! Get one if you can afford the $52,000 the model I drove was.....made me feel like a kid again.

Favorite Features

GPS Stereo tranny Styling POWER

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Lloyd's Ramblings
By lloydtennis

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car has great features. Good NAV system. Excellent automatic wipers. Great top - when it is down the outside of the top is up. That gives it a finished look. The top is also fully automatic. However - it does not handle as well on the freeway as my Audi TT Roadster. It is quiet inside with the top up (The top is nicely lined). It has a "Sport Button". When pressed, it really accelerates. It has reasonable interior storage. The controls are well arranged.

Favorite Features

1. Clean looking top when down 2. Automatic interval wipers 3. Good Nav display 4. Roomier trunk that my Audi TT

Suggested Improvements

1. Better freeway handling. (i.e. tighter steering.)