My Baby
By Ben on
2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I have had the car since new. It comes with Premium, Sport, Rear Climate Packages. It is a 10/05 production. I have enjoyed the premium package with the great leather and the rear shades are great! But the sport package is great when on smooth roads only when on rough roads, it gets a little bumpy. But nonetheless, I do like the self leveling suspension and air shocks that come with that. I have not had to fix anything just regular oil changes all covered under warranty, for the first four years. Now it is out of warranty and had to replace the thermostat. Not too bad knock on wood. But overall I love driving it!
Favorite Features
The panoramic sun/moon roof, Leather seats, Rear shades, Clamshell hatch, Xenon headlamps, flashlight in glovebox, On-board computer (though a little outdated), auto climate,and Xdrive I guess everything.
Suggested Improvements
On board computer can be a little more advanced, though the new idrive system is not all that, Navi could be touch screen and voice activated, Needs to have cd changer in front. I guess the newer models took care of some of the improvements though, it now feels like a soccer mom car.