1997 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
this review
By Jughead on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Love the car, but hate the dealer repair capability. Must seek out and find independent quality repair site.

BMW 740il
By Din Hasangjekaj on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome it has very great speed it flies like a plane. great comfort all electronic. awesome v8 engine

BMW 740iL 1997 Fan
By davethrea on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Wonderful to drive. Maintenance is pricey.

Finally
By Royboy on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Well I now own a '97 740 iL Artic Metlic Silver with 98K and really do like it. However, I had to put some money into it after I got it to fix a major problem: Cataly. Convertor which cost me $2,300 p/L. I also other repairs done that were under CPO warranty: Radiator, Elect.fan, new valve cover gaskets and a new int. sensor alarm. I hope I am done with repairs for a couple of years, other than oil changes. I am still happy I have this car because its my dream car and I think I have everything fixed that may go wrong in the future, but if I have any other major problems I will need to look else where.

Finally
By royboy on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Overall Car!
By Kansas City Andrew on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Very fun car to drive, I always look forward to driving somewhere. It has a lot of power and a lot of options. It is the ulitmate luzury package. No car drive better than a BMW 740!

In the Shop
By Auggie on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

While I'm impressed with the luxury, I'm not happy with the ongoing maintenance. This is the "Flagship" marquis of BMW. So then why so many problems? I've been an owner of Jaguar and I must say I've had fewer misques than with BMW. I enjoy the feel of the 740il, but think they could have done a better job with the overall quality of the vehicle.

poor selection never again
By emeadows on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

in discussions with many other 740 buyers i have yet to meet even one that was happy everything breaks the cup holders at 500 dollars 3 times radiator transmission both exhaust pipes at 2 grand each seats on drivers side crack check and you will find this on half even the lcd's burn out on dash

If only it would start.
By jbill on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

What a dream to drive - if only I could get it started. I have only owned this car for 6 months and have had it in the shop 6 times. The battery keeps getting drained, the heater needed to be replaced and the cup-holder replaced twice. I know the service people on a first name basis. Not a good sign with a car that only has 28000 miles on it.

dream car
By udiscover on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

It has only been a short time, but from the first time with the car, my life has been improved. Not to mention the compliments from others. I am just completely taken with the car.