One down, two to go
By totalsystm on
2004 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
545i 6-speed. Just an OK rating for a $60K+ car is sad. After a year, still not sold! Started off wrong. Ordered from the factory with, I thought, every option. Nope! At delivery and later through surprises, found out that if BMW builds it with the Navigation System (which frequently attempts to route us through Frankfurt) and the HUD (Heads up display which is great-unless you have polarized glasses, then it becomes invisible), you can not get satellite radio or simply see the names of songs or radio stations (Yes, this is with the high end Sound system option.) No MP3! BMW response, "Sorry". Custom power seats with lumbar support pretty good, but not at all good looking.
Favorite Features
Headlights, Heads Up Display (HUD), steering wheel heater, acceleration. Skiing in the car, on just 2 inches of snow (You MUST get snow tires and winter rims, then handling is fine in bad weather.) Sorry, not too much to be happy about!
Suggested Improvements
Dump I-Drive (and fire the designer!); get cupholders that actually hold cups; add funcational side mirrors-- too small; add reverse gear lockout (on 6 speed manual); custom seats just OK; headrests terrible (need forward and back adjustments.) Did I mention get rid of the I-Drive?