1997 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Birthday present!

1997 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Birthday present!
By D Sarge on

1997 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I received the 328I as a birthday gift. Now, for those of you married folks reading this, that translates into my wife letting me buy it:) I have had the vehicle just over a month. The dealer was so confident in the vehicle, he sold a 2 year, UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty with it (just to be on the safe side, as I've heard horror stories as well). So far, the only thing I purchased was wheel locks and window tint. The vehicle has been incredible to drive, and that is on the 89 octane (note: later models require premium fuel). Gas mileage ranges 21-25, but that's likely due to always pushing the 5-speed. This will be the first of a few updates, as I own the vehicle. So far, 2 thumbs up!

Performance, 5-speed, sport suspension, burning mid-grade fuel (BIG +)

Movement of cup-holders - a man shouldn't have to choose between holding his big gulp and shifting gears. (Note: This was improved in later models). Also my glove compartment, while fully functional, is lopsided. CD changer in trunk takes some planning ahead.