1997 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Birthday present update!

1997 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Birthday present update!
By Dsarge on

1997 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

A year since my last review. Have put 16,000 miles on the vehicle. During that time, I had to have the AC condenser replaced (did not lose AC, but discovered during a service). Additionally, rear bushings went out (dealer initially thought the shocks were bad; spent $300 and did not correct the problem:(. Although these were not covered by the warranty I purchased (see earlier review), it has been a very satisfying auto! I upgraded the tires to Michelin Pilot A/S (MAJOR difference on traction and control), and recently added a stabilizer bar (AA Tuning). Considering getting a 2001 330i, but the potential problems are a turn-off. Can live with the older body for the reliability factor!

Favorite Features

Performance, 5-speed, Harmon Kardon sound system, CD changer, heated seats, mid-grade fuel, engine reliability, SPORT SUSPENSION!

Suggested Improvements

Still would prefer if the 1997 model offered cupholders in front of the armrest (corrected in later models). Also, changes to the seat design (will cut through the leather over time (also corrected).