Used 1997 BMW 3 Series 318i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Practical BMW
By RHartounian

1997 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

I have always loved BMWs. This one is not any less of a BMW. It has good handling and good torque in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. I wish it had a sixth gear. This car has a very tight gear ratio so in the 5th gear at 80 mph the engine is begging for another gear. Too bad! The glove compartment is really poor, though. Everything you place inside, it keeps rolling out. I love the E30 glove box much more. I hate the vinyl interior. BMW is probably one of the only luxury car manufacturers that still makes vinyl seats. In the summer months it's an oven in there. One common problem with this car that cannot be fixed is the climate control. Overall it's a good car.

Handling. Fun to drive.

Too late for that, but: the glove compartment doesn't hold anything. The initial pick up is very sluggish, but hey it's a four cylinder. The climate control turns on when you start the car even if you turned it off before stopping the engine and removing your keys. I hate vinyl, it gets hot.

This is one kicking car.
By John Sullivan

1997 BMW 3 Series Sedan 318i 4dr Sedan

Coming from a car history of teh 1980's
this car is awesome. I have driven
explorers,a nd Durango's but I love
this car.

1985 BMW 524td (yes a Diesel)
1989 Volvo 240 GL

Bow my 1997 E36 (318i) and I love it.
Fun, zuppy, great mileage and its
supposed to all be recyclable.

Kudos BMW. Save the World.

Solid, fast, and awesome alarm sound. This si truely my car. It salutes me ith two beeps, get in. Then it tells me bye with only one beep. Fell the love

The hood badge should simply screw on from underneath, I hate that i had to use a screwdriver to change it and mess up my paint.