My Thoughts
By Tom on
2009 Audi S5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
S5 is indeed a beautiful car. I just got it, but I must say it is not that great of a car. I own an M5 2007 so there is a big difference in performance. When driving you must step on the gas more due to the quattro system. When you release you will feel a slight deceleration which makes people think you are braking but you are not. The handling is not as nice due to the really light wheel. I do not get any feedback like when I drive rear wheel cars. You will notice it the most when you drive on twisty roads. I do understeer on turns since the line of entry is a little different with this car. Great car for everyday drive but for performance the 335i can boogie against this car.
Favorite Features
Interior and rearview camera is great. I got mine black ex and red int. Bellisimo. I don't have magnetic ride or B&O. I only have tech and nav which is good enough. I do not know if that would change the quality of the ride including handling since magnetic can stiffen up the chassis.
Suggested Improvements
Make this a race car. This car has potential with the V8 but Audi is holding it back. I would rather have a sunroof then just tilt with the panoramic. Better mileage would help too.