This is my 1st and will be my last Audi
By cfoandy on
2014 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
Bought the Q5 Premium Plus from Tony Peng at Penske Audi. Tony was very helpful, no presssure sales, very smoooth and enjoyable. The finance girl was no pressure either. Love my experience at the dealership, 5-star. I was debating between a BMW X3 and this Q5. What won my heart was its seat, very comfortable. The drive was smooth. This is the Pros. Cons? The navigation system is the WORST! It is so difficult to use that I ended up using my iPhone map/GPS which is FREE. The Audi system costs $4K!! At this price range, this system is totally un-acceptable. Advice for potential buyer: test the navigation system and be sure you accept its performance.
Favorite Features
Driver seat is comfortable. Ride is smooth
Suggested Improvements
navigation system is the WORST I have ever seen. It is worst than the iphone map, which is free. Q5 comes with the Google earth. I wonder why Audi doesnt use the Google GPS system. This $4K is a total waste of $. Very un-satisfied Audi owner
By thenextcurve
on 12/07/13 05:42 AM (PST)

Have your dealer schedule a second delivery with you as our dealer does in Tulsa and learn to use the voice recognition system. You'll never have to take your hands off the steering wheel to operate the navigation system (or most other interior systems) and the Online Destinations coupled with Google Earth mapping is unbeatable. The Audi system is the easiest and best I've had in MANY luxury vehicles.

By garakl
on 07/30/14 00:16 AM (PDT)

I own my 2014 Q5 TDI for 6 month, and I discovered that Audi has a problem with Navigation (it is confirmed by Audi, I have their letter), but offers no solution. Sometimes, when the Nav looses GPS signal (it is OK to loose signal sometimes), it has hard time to re-acquire GPS signal and recalculate your new location. Once the problem happens, your actual location will be off by 1-2 miles on a screen, and sometimes it will show that you move in an opposite direction. MMI reset does not help. As only solution is to stop the car, turn ignition off, and wait for 10-15 minutes.