1998 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Security
By Quatt on 08/22/10 22:21 PM (PDT)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I owned this car for 2 years now and as I am speaking I don't know where it is now. It has been stolen 4 times now. If you live in a bad neighborhood, this is not the right car for you. Even a baby can steal this car. Other than that everything else is superb with this car. Fun to drive but starts shaking once you hit 80.

Perfecto
By BFOSTER89 on 07/26/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I own a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro wagon with 250,000 miles and I trust this car to take me anywhere I traded my much loved 98 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer for it I get great gas mileage and it's very comfortable I recently drove it from Mich to Va on a tank of gas I would recommend this car to anyone. I have never had to put this car in the shop.

Piece of junk
By john9 on 05/27/10 15:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I can't believe the ratings are as high as they are. Way more repair issues than ANY car deserves. Now I have 120k mi and spends more time in shop than home! Expensive to get worked on. Many issues throughout life of car. Would never ever buy another Audi.

Secrets to owning an Audi
By webegeek on 03/12/10 17:48 PM (PST)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Okay, this was my dad's car. He bought it after I'd bought an A4. Two secrets: One, if you drive a lot of miles each year, they don't last. Two, find a good independent mechanic as soon as the warranty period is over. My A4 was costing me 2k every time I needed an oil change and I finally sold it. My dad's A6 did better, he doesn't drive much and took it to a local place to have work done. And I've lost count how many times he's lost the front lower spoiler on curb stops.

Great Car
By Great Car on 12/29/09 15:55 PM (PST)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

I love this car! That said it takes a lot of money to keep it well feed and healthy. I bought it at a charity auction (Never buy from one, trust me). The car was low miles and a great price. Two months later the transmission went out and cost over 3k to fix. Once she was up and running again, it's been great.

This is a great ride.
By ChuckMal on 04/20/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I seriously considered Mercedes, BMW less so before buying the A6. No complaints or regrets, this is a great car. Comfortable, safe, fast, secure. We'll soon be shopping for our next car, and because of our experience with this one, our bias will be for Audis.

BEST Car ever owned
By WJ on 02/16/09 21:07 PM (PST)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car with 7000 miles on it and about 9 years later it has 229,000 miles on it and drives the same as it did when i bought it. The interior and exterior far surpass any car of its age on the road.

Luxury Worth A Look!
By Sean on 10/04/06 16:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Perhaps the first thought that comes to mind for many drivers is the Quattro AWD on this car, a feature that helps in the Snow Belt of the country. Yet beyond this, the handling is adept and definitely unique to this car; nothing short of amazing, this car remains supple without wallowing. This car is solid, large, and comfortable for 4, the 5th will feel out of place, especially if a full sized adult. Power is just fine for this car, and gas mileage is suprisingly good (mid 20's). Quality of build is wonderful, although most repairs will require garage intervention-this is not a shady tree mechanic car. Audi went above and beyond with this car, and it really shows.

love her
By jimmrsn on 12/28/05 13:06 PM (PST)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I got this car from California in January of 05. She had 9800 miles on her and was stored in a garge for years and only driven to keep her healthy. I purchased her for $9800 and I have loved driving her every day since shipping her here to michigan. This car has had only a few problems. Front door locks would not release and I had to have the door locks replaced, and then the engine therm went and that repair cost more than fixing the doors. All in all I love this car.

Cute and Diverse
By Jeniver on 12/09/05 22:15 PM (PST)

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car! Though I got this car used it was in good condition. It is a stylish piece of automotive niceness. It handles better then my other cars and speedy as well. It moves nicely, brakes great, and is very comfortable. Make sure you take yours to a person who knows Audis. I didn't and got a higher quote then if I went to the guy who did know what he was talking about.