Used 1998 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

1998 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

If I could buy a new car like this one I would.
By Martin Mirsky

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I was initially impressed with how solid and tight this car was from day one. The styling of this car has endured the test of time and have always enjoyed and been a proud owner of this car. Parting with it has not been easy. The only negative has been the pickup on it this car which is a bit slow for my taste. The Bose sound system has been just fantastic and still is. I elected to get an option for anti-corrosion and there is not a bit of rust after suffering years of Michigan winters and salty Florida coastlines. The seats are still in great shape and extremely comfortable. The newer Audis are much stiffer now and not as comfortable. We have elected to shift to Lexus for styling, comfort and reliability.

Security
By Quatt

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I owned this car for 2 years now and as I am speaking I don't know where it is now. It has been stolen 4 times now. If you live in a bad neighborhood, this is not the right car for you. Even a baby can steal this car. Other than that everything else is superb with this car. Fun to drive but starts shaking once you hit 80.

Seat and wheel warmer for the winter days. I love the interior design.

Better security please..

Perfecto
By BFOSTER89

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I own a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro wagon with 250,000 miles and I trust this car to take me anywhere I traded my much loved 98 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer for it I get great gas mileage and it's very comfortable I recently drove it from Mich to Va on a tank of gas I would recommend this car to anyone. I have never had to put this car in the shop.

Piece of junk
By john9

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I can't believe the ratings are as high as they are. Way more repair issues than ANY car deserves. Now I have 120k mi and spends more time in shop than home! Expensive to get worked on. Many issues throughout life of car. Would never ever buy another Audi.

Build a reliable car!

Secrets to owning an Audi
By webegeek

1998 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Okay, this was my dad's car. He bought it after I'd bought an A4. Two secrets: One, if you drive a lot of miles each year, they don't last. Two, find a good independent mechanic as soon as the warranty period is over. My A4 was costing me 2k every time I needed an oil change and I finally sold it. My dad's A6 did better, he doesn't drive much and took it to a local place to have work done. And I've lost count how many times he's lost the front lower spoiler on curb stops.

Solid, no rust after 10 years (Chicago area), good in snow

Audi service reminds me of congress, they view their customers (citizens) as an unlimited ATM machine