2008 A3 2.0T (DSG)
By winddy on
2009 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
uses way too much oil! I am afraid to drive it a considerable amount of distance.. I check the oil one day, and although remarkably dirty,its full. The next day I drive it 100 miles give or take.. when I get home I have NO OIL, and there was no alert telling me that the oil is low!!I have taken it back to my Audi dealership 3 times and it is going back for #4. One more chance!otherwise this is a great car. I'd rather not sell it because of the poor treatment that I receive at the Audi dealership that I use. Come on Audi. Once we buy your car - we are family! Service Managers need to treat us better!! Audi drivers want performance,high quality, and 6 star treatment!!! thanks!
Favorite Features
very pretty, sporty looking.. I like to drive something like this that not too many people have. Very easy to maneuver in and out of traffic. Could use some better performance tires for the curves. tires that it comes with are not good at all for winter driving, unless, like me you dont mind a nice adventure for sporty/fun winter driving. Comfy interior!! The ability to leave the car in auto, or shift it myself without a clutch is also a fun feature! Turbo does have lag, but when it does kick in, its fun!Hint.. do not sell this car to consumers without giving them the warning first that it will definitely be going thru allot of oil. Warn your buyers first so that they they know.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the engine, it should not use this much oil, this is 2011! Needs higher quality performance tires that don't squeal at the slightest hint of a curve! A car is only as good as its tires. If I keep it I will be upgrading! Most people do not want a car that they constantly have to put oil in it. I did not know this when I bought the car - (with the incentive of a 5 year maintenance free plan.) Then the service manager tells me "its in the manual".. I would not have purchased this car if I knew how much oil it was going to consume, and that I was going to become afraid to even take it anywhere. Fix it and provide in us the need for our next car to be another Audi. thanks!