Used 1990 Audi 100 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 100 model:

Great car
By Justin Flynn

1990 Audi 100 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought this car when it was 11 years old and owned it for over 2 years now, 145k miles, and it still doesn't need any major work and probably won't for another 100k miles. This car's reliability and durability is just amazing. Equally amazing is the acceleration and top speed that can be had from the dinky 130 hp engine. I consider the $4500 I paid for this car to be grand theft on my part. People always compliment the car when they see or ride in it. This will not be my first Audi.

Favorite Features

Reliability and durability Performance 4 Wheel drive w/ differential lock, you can practically drive on ice Quality everything Unobstructed placement of oil pan, I hate it when they put the suspension bar right under it and you need to lift the engine to get at it.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders (it has none) Audi likes to ream its customers on parts

Review of my Audi 100 quattro
By BRuTaLG

1990 Audi 100 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Many times quattro has saved me from a crash. Also this car is incredible in snow, you could be in a steep hill, stop in the middle and the car will still go up. I don't think I could ever go back to FWD or RWD after driving this car. I own 4 Audis, the 3 other ones being FWD, and they just don't compare to this car in the snow. Interior is beautiful, with heated leather seats and with every Audi luxury. Exterior is a style that was created in 1982 but clearly well ahead of its time, as it still looks very good. Engine...this engine will simply not die, I just broke 264K miles and it still runs BEAUTIFUL and has no sign of dying anytime soon.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature without a doubt is the quattro AWD system, the engine which lasts forever (many people have 300K or more with the 5 cylinders) the design is just beautiful. Great view all around. Love the interior

Suggested Improvements

Only improvement I could see with this car is more performance, but this has already been done with the 200 quattro. In case you're wondering where the cupholders are...there aren't any! Germans="Why would someone worry about their drinks when they're driving 150mph+ on the Autobahn?"

Reliable Horse
By Liboz

1990 Audi 100 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great Warranty. after 200,000 miles new Transmission Performs well in the snow. Easy to service with local garage specialist in Audi.

Favorite Features

4WD, Good mileage. Fairly low maintainance.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine

Nice ride
By pcelias

1990 Audi 100 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 19 years, the car looks and drives nice. What helps is that the suspension was lowered by about 2 inches, giving it a very tight ride (albeit a bit harsh at times); but man can it corner! Gets me about 20 mpg on average mixed around town driving, up to 25 mpg on solid highway driving.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats, which after 19 years still look great (Audi's selection of cloth materials are great!)

Suggested Improvements

More power! 130 horses just don't cut it when trying to accelerate with a car full of people and running the A/C full blast in Texas summers!