Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Overall, I am still happy with the car
By unlv

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving the car for 8 months now. I found the ride too firm at first, but now I am used to it. The grill-design has grown on me as well. Steering feel is also fine; it is materially better compared to my old car (a 2004 V6 Camry). While not perfect, it is still a very good daily-driver in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Large fuel tank. Lots of standard features. Feels very solid and safe. Great handling compared to my old Camry. Very comfortable front seats. Interior materials are first rate. Acceleration is above-average for a 4 cylinder car. Like the overall size (not too big, not too small).

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are average; wish they were above average. Tight rear seat. Disappointed with the occasional engine "bay-rattle" and brake squeal noises I hear. Too much glare on center information display on bright sunny days. Average MPG as calculated by the car's computer is too optimistic.

Great step-up from the Accord
By howardhonda

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for 10 days. For myself, over the past 25 years I have only purchased Honda Accords (all manual trans.). My last 2 have been EX- L and I have always been happy with them. I was planning since last year to buy myself another EX-L Accord (4- cyl) and just by chance I checked out the TSX. I loved it. It came with everything, factory installed, even options like memory seats, passenger power seats, home-link, and directional signals on outside mirrors that you couldn't even get on a loaded 4cy EX-L Accord. In my opinion, the car is so much more solid & luxurious than the Accord. And the gauges and trip computer are awesome!

Favorite Features

Navigation system, blue-tooth, steering wheel & steering system, paddle shifters, comfortable seats, turn signals on mirrors, gauges, computer system for great feedback info to driver.

Suggested Improvements

None!

Amazing:)
By lovin my TSX:)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2007 Mazda Miata for a 2009 Acura TSX. I thought I would miss the sporty feel the Miata had...but boy was I wrong. I love my TSX. I have only had it about 2 months...but it is amazing:)Plus all the bells & whistles are pretty nice. And the gas mileage is great...I actually got 38.1 mpg on the interstate during an hour and half drive. Usually around town it gets between 28.5-32 mpg. I definitely would recommend this car to anyone.:) Great buy for your money!

Favorite Features

All the upgraded features, excellent gas mileage, and the luxury feel.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe instead of making the trunk so big (which is nice) make the back seat space a little more roomier.

Never again will I buy a brand new model
By BAG

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had so many problems with the interior quality sometimes I think I bought an American car... over the past year I've had two blown audio speakers, loose defroster vent, two trunk rattles, Navi screen control unit failure, loose exterior windshield molding and a rattle coming from the dashboard that the dealer can't seem to locate/fix. The only thing keeping me sane is that the deal provides a loaner car every time I bring in my car for service (which is about once per month).

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy, fun to drive, Xenon headlights and a great sounding audio system (when it works).

Suggested Improvements

NEVER again will I buy a new model when it comes out. I bought this TSX within two weeks of it arriving at the dealership... my suggestion would be to wait a year before buying, this will provide enough time for them to work out the manufacturing kinks.

Love It!
By Jerrold

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had two Audi A4s and a Ford Fusion, all of which I liked very much. However, for the money, the Acura TSX is the best car I've had. Excellent fuel economy, great features, nice design, and Honda/Acura reliability made this a no-brainer to buy. I, like many, am not overly thrilled with the electronic steering, and it took some getting used to. Frankly, now, however, I don't notice that it's any different from any other car I've driven. It's really only noticeable on highways; city driving is just like any other.

Favorite Features

Features, fuel economy, design.

Suggested Improvements

Look at the steering again, and see if it can be improved. Otherwise, none!