Used 2016 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

Used S60 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

I thought I was buying a safe car.

Jennifer Jones, 08/06/2018
T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased a 2016 model in December of 2015 from Herb Gordon Volvo in Silver Spring, MD. It was my plan to buy the car after the lease was up. Everything was going well. I serviced my car as required. The problems began after two years in 2018. My car began saying "High engine temperature. Turn engine off." I took it to the dealership and they topped off the coolant. Simple enough. They didn't even write a ticket. In early January, the same thing occurred. January 26th, the same thing the car continues to say the same thing. They checked the blue tooth for proper contact. February 8th, after bringing the car in again, the thermostat housing was replaced. In February, same issue, the low fuel pressure sensor was replaced. Towards the end of March, it began saying "High engine temperature. Stop Safely". At this point, I was not allowed to accelerate the gas. This occurred on the beltway in Washington, DC area in the midst of traffic! The water pump was replaced on April 9th. At this point, I no longer wanted the car. The last thing I want to happen is for the car to stop on me in the middle of the road/highway, risking my life, perhaps the lives of others in the car and/or countless others around me. I expressed my concern to volvo and was told they could not replace the car or get me out of the contract. On April 23rd, the car was brought in again and was fixed for the same problem. I was told the car could be exchanged, but only if I took on a new lease. My lease was up at the end of the year. The car was brought in again April 27th. After over two months on July 21st, the car was returned to me after being with the dealership for about a month. It received a brand new engine. On Friday, July 27th, the car was returned because it said, High engine temperature. Stop Safely" and "High Engine Temperature. Turn off Engine". (Remember the car always says this) At this time, the engine wouldn't let me go over 17 mph in the middle of DC traffic. Although three months of my lease was returned from the Volvo company. (they initially only wanted to give me one or two), all I want is to feel and be safe driving a car from one location to the next. This is not what I feel in my Volvo, nor is it something that Volvo (the company or the dealership) is willing to give me. Volvo, the car company supposedly known for safety, is not keeping me safe. They continue to put me in the same car.

3 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

A great entry level luxury car

Steve, 05/05/2016
T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Comfort, quiet and a silky smooth ride, the S60 is the epitome of a quality commuter car. Back seats a bit tight but front seats are firm. Materials are high quality, even the plastic parts. Electronics suite is somewhat confusing and difficult to navigate. Acceleration and braking are more than adequate. The most gentle highway driving will yield maybe 33; there is no way you will ever achieve 37.

Volvo for life!

HR, 08/02/2016
T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my thirdS 60 and I have loved them all. The safety features are outstanding, especially the back up camera, front and side cameras and blind spot indicator. For a four cylinder, the S 60 has terrific pickup especially when merging. Gas mileage is OK around town but excellent on a highway trip. The back seat is a bit tight but I hardly have back seat passengers. The S60 is the perfect size car for me. It's only drawback is the time consuming, difficult to use navigation. I have given up on it and use my phone for this purpose.

I love this car

Randy, 07/27/2016
T5 Drive-E Inscription Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my S60 Inscription (with all the bells & whistles) for a month now. I owned a 2004 S60 for many years which I enjoyed. But this 2016 Inscription car I love. The extra 3" make a huge difference - especially in the back seat. My kids (full grown) even commented on how much room they had. Truth is it's taken me most of the month just to learn how to work all the technology. I love the adaptive cruise control and use it every day. The safety features (lane keeping aid, collision warning, etc) alone make it worth it. And being able to use regular gasoline is a big plus. Bluetooth connectivity to my phone is wonderful. The system text-to-voice system reads incoming texts to me and I then ask Siri to respond to them. Built-in USB port in the console just makes sense. Oh, and the dealership (Keystone Volvo) was fantastic. They advertise "No hassle, no hype". I didn't believe the ads before. Now I do. Terrific experience. The only possible change I'd like to see in future versions is a larger display but that will always be true. One other thing - I should have taken advantage of the free trip to Sweden to get my car from over there.

Love my new 2016 S60 Inscription

Richard S'Dao, 08/15/2016
T5 Drive-E Inscription Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second S60 after owning a 740il & LS 400 for many years. My first S60 was a T5 AWD 5 cylinder. Liked that car but drawbacks were a bumpy ride and limited backseat room. The 2016 Inscription 4 cyl Drive E I'm now driving is fabulous. Better riding vehicle due to the longer wheel base and much more comfortable & spacious backseat. The upscale interior and electronics in the Inscription model makes this feel more like a luxury car, not a car I'm paying $300/month to lease. I went with a 24 month lease but having regrets I didn't go for 36! That's how much I've been enjoying this car.

12345...6