Used 2016 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

my third one!
By jeff

2016 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I am a big fan of the TDI Touaregs. Just traded my 2014 with 85k and zero problems for a 2016 with 4k miles on it - This is my third TDI and I have put over 80k on each of the others with zero problems. Sad to see them leave the marketplace. I can easily get 30mpg on the highway and tow my 21' Boston Whaler with ease (22 mpg). I love the new safety features on the 2016 - plus AC seats! -

Great but fuel Economy is TERRIBLE in town
By Kevin

2016 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Executive 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this car but and fully load at $61k vs a Cayanne (assuming you don’t need the extra HP) it is a great deal. That said, my only criticism so far is the fuel economy rating. I am not sure sure how they got to 17 mpg when the best I can do is ~14mpg in normal stop and go traffic. I don’t do a lot of Highway miles so can’t comment on that yet.

Touareg- Better than my Mercedes Benz ML350
By Lyle Schwartz

2016 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Love the car. Would buy again despite some shortcomings like Nav and entertainment. The 3,0L diesel very quick and surprisingly quiet. 8 speed transmission perfect match for engine. However, the Nav system is borderline rubbish (VW Nav has always been crummy- have 2 other VW's 2014 Tiguan and 2015 Golf with same Nav issues). So I use Waze instead. The sound system is definitely rubbish... shouldn't be hard to get a good sound system on ANY car these days. Doesn't matter if playing CD or Bluetooth input from your iPhone- same result... blah! Handles great, and safety systems very good (radar based cruise control, lane change assist, etc.). I've recently sold my MBZ ML350. I like this better than that (except for the NAV and Entertainment). But all else better.

Sam
By Richard Baumann

2016 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

If you have aftermarket wheels from your older Touareg, the TPMS probably won't work.
As a result of the diesel fix, the car surges when trying to run at 25 mph. Dealer pleads ignorance.

Steelman