2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Luxury & Sport on a smaller budget

Michelle B, 12/31/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I fell in love with this car. The luxury feel, the sporty options for speed & auto transmission availability with a sweet budget changed my interests from Ford & my lineage with Honda. It handles great in the snow with the 4motion. I can fit 6 other people too! Beautiful lines, simple & sexy. I feel different in this vehicle compared to what I was driving before! Many thoughtful considerations in this SUV. And the 2019 still has 6yr/72mile bumper to bumper warranty! Awesome!

Great value

Bill, 07/26/2019
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I shopped Honda Passport, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota Highlander and the VW Atlas is the best overall package. The Atlas 2.0 T handles very well and has above average pickup for such a small displacement engine. I also feel the Atlas has a great ride when compared to the competition. Also, the interior layout and roominess is awesome for my family of four we fit very comfortably in the Atlas. No real complaints about the vehicle so far!

Sel premium

adolph hissler, 07/11/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Can’t imagine wasting money on more “premium” brand. Has all the features, tech and quality of a suv costing $20k more. Big, roomy and quick. Find a better 3 row, please let me know.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

Traded my 7 series for this

Kelley, 05/12/2019
V6 SEL R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So much room, I feel safe, no blind spots, love the space comfort and the ride. Love the cameras..so clear

Days new it almost killed us - manufacturer defect

MT, 12/01/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased brand new for 3rd row/storage within the class and the peace of mind of a 72k warranty. On the first tank of gas within days, not weeks of ownership, we experienced a life threatening catastrophic transmission and throttle failure while attempting to cross lanes and merge into 65 MPH traffic. The car’s transmission went into emergency mode and while attempting to move us to safety, the vehicle exceeded 5500 RPM trying to shift into 2nd gear at a painstaking sub 20MPH speed. We avoided a life threatening collision despite the surrounding 65MPH heavy traffic and for that we are thankful. Volkswagen admitted the faulty manufacturing and attempted to repair. For obvious reasons, we are not interested in placing our lives in danger again by driving this vehicle. It is notable that VW has also changed their warranty for 2020 year to be 48,000 verses the 72,000 on model years 2019 and earlier. Buyer beware. VW’s quality must be called into question as the depth and scope of the emissions scandals and a very significant reduction to the fleet wide warranty program for the 2020 model year seem indicative of larger issues within VW.

12345...11