2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

amazing!

kenneth nugyen, 02/22/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

i absolutely adore this car. it is so smooth to ride. and more importantly, the wifey enjoys taking road trips in this car.

Great value

Patrick, 08/17/2019
V6 SE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A bit noisy, mostly wind, at speed over 60mph.

Two check engine lights before first oil change

RYoung, 02/10/2020
V6 SEL R-Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Got an ‘19 SEL RLine back in may 2019. Thought I’d get used to the bad torque converter noise, but it just got worse. When engine shuts off you hear a grinding metallic fan sound like and old clunker. @7k miles the first check engine light came on, dealer replaced catalytic converter. Two weeks later, 2nd light came on for low coolant. Hasn’t even had its first oil change. If I would have know the “head gasket” issues were so common, I would have stayed with a more reliable brand like Toyota or Honda.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

Best family vehicle at a great price

Lance , 08/17/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We had all sorts of issues with our van and it was time for it to go. With that being said, I am 6 ft 4 inches tall and needed leg room. We have 3 children and the oldest is the size of an NFL linebacker. I spent many weeks looking and driving several different types of SUVS keeping in mind that I will be leasing this vehicle. I have drove Ford, Toyota,Honda,GMC, Chevy and Kia. Needless to say I did the homework. VW hands down crushed out the competition in this area. I can stretch all the way out in the drivers area and still have room. I can also stretch completely out in the 2nd row when my wife is driving. Now, the true test.........The 3rd row. Every 3rd row that I sat in just did not have much space at all and if it gave a little space, you lost trunk storage. Boy was I wrong on this one. I was able to sit in the third row and still had leg room. Trunk storage is also great, it has the same amount of trunk storage as the Grand Caravan that we traded in. Not only is this vehicle a great purchase for the family, it turns heads..... People are asking what kind of vehicle it is and where we got it. Hands down, impressive. Kia had a decent new SUV but at the end of the day, we went with quality and comfort. KIA Lease prices are just crazy. VW blew everything out of the water. I wish there was a 6 star rating.

2019 VW Atlas

Mike, 12/12/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It came down to our final 3 choices. KIA Telluride, Hyundai Palisade and the VW Atlas. Our preference and comparisons were based on fit, comfort, style and the amenities offered at the trim level of SEL for the VW and Hyundai and the EX trim for the KIA. They were all great. What pushed us over to the VW was the fact that every dealer we worked with for both the KIA and Hyundai wanted as a base MSRP PLUS! Some dealers were selling both the Hyundai and KIA for thousands over MSRP. That's crazy. The VW dealer we worked with us gave us a "returning customer" discount ($500), a first responder discount ($500) and a VW discount of $6,000. MSRP was $46,000 with all options . Walked out with a bill for $39,000 that took our old car payment down by $100.00 / mo. Granted, it's only been about 800 miles ago, but I don't have a bad thing to say. I look forward to a long relationship with this rig.

12345...11