2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

New 2019 VW Atlas

Joseph Bidwell, 06/07/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is a fantastic car. The SE w/Technology and 4MOTION is a fantastic trim level with all the bells and whistles I was hoping for at an affordable price. The acceleration, braking, control systems and upgrade features are top-notch, and this is a car I hope to drive for decades to come!

Not a mini van.

Keith, 02/03/2019
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Plenty of power. I do not need the 4wd, so this turbo four fwd weighs 300 pounds less and moves very well. Good handling and plenty of room. Got a 2019 for 27170. Less than any mini van. Very happy with purchase.

World Class "Atlas"

Gary OG, 05/08/2019
V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded a 2018 Lexus RX350 in for this vehicle. Could not be more satisfied, the Atlas rides better, has more technology, and it's looks are great. I have received many compliments on the Atlas!. The only thing I wish was improved was the cockpit display at night is not bright enough.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

Great look but horrible engine/ transmission noise

VW_Atlas_not_great, 10/12/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The VW Atlas has a major design flaw in the torque converter. When downshifting or stuck in 3rd gear it creates a screeching/ grinding noise. Buyer beware. It is apparently normal per VW. Sounds like an issue they haven't figured out how to resolve yet and are just making up excuses. It is annoying and embarassing. I don't know how they can justify this with a $50k loaded car.

Best family vehicle at a great price

Lance , 08/17/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We had all sorts of issues with our van and it was time for it to go. With that being said, I am 6 ft 4 inches tall and needed leg room. We have 3 children and the oldest is the size of an NFL linebacker. I spent many weeks looking and driving several different types of SUVS keeping in mind that I will be leasing this vehicle. I have drove Ford, Toyota,Honda,GMC, Chevy and Kia. Needless to say I did the homework. VW hands down crushed out the competition in this area. I can stretch all the way out in the drivers area and still have room. I can also stretch completely out in the 2nd row when my wife is driving. Now, the true test.........The 3rd row. Every 3rd row that I sat in just did not have much space at all and if it gave a little space, you lost trunk storage. Boy was I wrong on this one. I was able to sit in the third row and still had leg room. Trunk storage is also great, it has the same amount of trunk storage as the Grand Caravan that we traded in. Not only is this vehicle a great purchase for the family, it turns heads..... People are asking what kind of vehicle it is and where we got it. Hands down, impressive. Kia had a decent new SUV but at the end of the day, we went with quality and comfort. KIA Lease prices are just crazy. VW blew everything out of the water. I wish there was a 6 star rating.

12345...11