2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium - Capable Off-road!?

A Person who has twins, 03/07/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium. Overall, it is a great car, however there are some minor and major issues. First Let’s go over the Pros- Great Safety, Great Audio System (Fender), Great Technology (360 camera graphics are amazing!!), great legroom. More on the legroom- it’s great - after renting a pickup truck with my kids, they say their is the same amount of room as an F150 SuperCrew!! Also, the third row is the best in the segment. I owned a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring and the legroom was terrible and the transmission was falling apart after 30k miles. So, these are just some good things about the VE Atlas, of course there are more. Next, Cons- visibility, visibility, visibility. The visibility in this car is not good. Mainly, it’s the Pillar near the trunk and 3rd window. It’s close to hummer h2 level. Next, paint- now for the SEL premium, definitely get the black wheels- they hide all of the dirt. So, I went with white paint and black wheels and a tan interior (matches with the headliner). Also, I went with bucket seats, not captain chairs. Lastly, Off-roading- I know a lot of people aren’t going to take their family car off-road but — I did. This car handled well and o was very impressed. Yes it is capable. I recommend this vehicle for everybody and hope I helped!!

Great SUV

Brian, 02/25/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A great family SUV. My atlas SEL 4 Motion is great to drive and can hold my family of 4 with plenty of cargo space for all of our stuff. The climate control, entertainment system, and driver assist technologies are all top of the line. The ride is comfortable and smooth. Could use some more acceleration and wish it had better gas mileage, but overall 95/100.

Fantastic SUV

RJ, 06/20/2019
V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just hit 40k miles on my atlas and it has been fantastic. The ride is comfortable with plenty of room. I love the layout of the entertainment system plus carplay is excellent. I do wish they would have put volume and channel/ song change on the same side of the steering wheel, but that is minor. The lane assist and adaptive cruise control are fantastic. I know there is gripe over the MPG, but I have been keeping track over the lat 10 fillups and I am averaging 21.5 for the city and we just finished a long roadtrip from St Louis to Minneapolis where I averaged 25.5. Both of these numbers are better than what was stated and this is the first car I have owned in 30 years that actually met or beat the listed MPG. Tons of compliments on SUV and the warranty that came with it is basically double of what the competition offers. If you are looking for a three row SUV I would at least add this one to the list to test drive when you are out looking.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

Great Family VDub

Logan Mahan, 05/05/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have loved almost everything about this Atlas. The ease to drive, comfort, it holds our family, good in the snow, power, handling and design. It has been reliable. Zero issues! It is a bit wide and can make parking a bit overwhelming. I wish the materials were better on the inside. I have owned a lot of cars and this one is a stand out for me! Well done over all.

Altas Greatest SUV OUT

Mrs.Murchison, 07/17/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The atlas is the overall best family vehicle, it’s sporty, it’s luxury all at the same time, I will be sticking with Volkswagen for all my future car needs. Go test drive it and I guarantee you will fall in love with this vehicle.

12345...11