Used 2012 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Love my Tacoma
By Bruce

2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My second Tacoma. Not much to say. Very reliable and a joy to drive. They're great off road, for camping trips, lots of other adventures. Been very satisfied with my purchase and plan on keeping for many more years to come.

Tacoma 2012
By Ricardo

2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very very good truck!!!

Long term
By AC

2012 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, value driven utility vehicle with multiple purposes. Comfortable but not luxurious or techy

5 speed snow eater
By Michael Chappell

2012 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2010- 4wd, 5 speed regular cab and it is peppy nice looking and good handling truck, it really does climb steep inclines v. Well, I was surprised. The regular cab is discontinued☹️ But I will keep this truck forever, never been stuck def. destined to be collectors.

BEST TRUCK OUT THERE!!!
By Tyler

2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read a couple of these reviews and it makes me think these people don't actually own one. Must be out of their price range. I have a 2012 double cab here in the Pacific Northwest and these trucks are everywhere and for a good reason!!! The snow, rain, and ice storms we get it handles it with ease and very safe and feel in control. I feel the 2012 was the big change in the trucks, the older models had a recall on frame. This truck is better built very comfortable to drive and love the hood scoop very fun to drive! I also own a Lotus Evora with a toyota motor they are very dependable! The 4.0 engines are famous for their dependability and 20+ miles per gallon for a truck that seats 5 is amazing!! Say that about your ford's, Chevy, or dodge...you can't! This truck will be for our family for many many years to come and the only money I'll be spending will be on after market parts! You will not be disappointed with this truck, very fun to drive!!!