Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

Used Tacoma for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Vehicle is simply a marvel in all respects

anthony C. Sokoly, 12/16/2007

Simply a phenomenon. All aspects of the vehicle are satisfactory and exceed my expectations, I am proud to drive this sexy vehicle.

Great Truck, But...

Steve from Wisconsin, 01/23/2010

I have the 2-wheel drive PreRunner with the TRD offroad package and locking rear differential, 4-wheel ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution and brake assist. All in all, I rate this truck the best-engineered vehicle I have ever owned--a wonderful piece of work. It is sheer pleasure to see the intelligence used in its planning and execution. But I have traded it in after two years of ownership (for another Toyota) because it is dangerous on slippery roads. I have had multiple spinouts on snow, even when proceeding slowly and carefully. (The only other minus is the mileage, but I was fairly warned, so can't complain.) This 2WD isn't for snow country.

It's not a Tundra

Truckman666, 09/19/2007

I traded in a 2004 Tundra access cab 2wd. I wanted a 4 WD. The new Tundras are too big so I decided on the Tacoma Double cab with Sports package to get the upgraded interior. That upgrade makes for a firmer ride on bumps but rides great on smooth road. It had very quick steering. The seat is a little low. Not as smooth as the 04 Tundra but that should improve. Gas mileage seems better so far. Great looking truck. I get lots of compliments. As years go by I hope it will be refined to the point of the Tundras prior to the new large one.

Performance and Reliability

demonoid123, 07/19/2011

MPG: 18 gal=370 miles city maximum. (Never gone past 3 gallon reserve to test out full mileage.) 18gal=400 highway maximum. 18 gal=~$60@$3.40-85octane(w/15%ethanol-Costco) I add LUCAS gas treatment also. Cons: Interior has cheap look and feel. Small spacing for legs. Paint scratches and chips easily. Frame rusts easily. ( Even after power-wash every time exposed to salty roads) Pros: Performance: Will do the job on any terrain(Even with the crappy tires sold by manufacturer: Firestone Destination LE) Engine is reliable and OK Design (accessibility-wise) Bottom line: Not fancy interior but great exterior look and performance.

Tacoma Serious Issue

Dan Pierelli, 07/21/2016
V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The frames rust through on Tacomas. Having serious trouble getting Toyota to stand by their product.

12345...23